Presidential debate 1

• Thread starter bob123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thyber

Reaction score
I saw a part of it, and all I heard was Romney repeating Obama?

Thyber

Reaction score
Thing I found funny was that on almost every statement that Romney agreed on with Obama, Mitt said "I'd do the same, but faster, earlier, higher, heavier and better"

flint757

Reaction score
Yes because the president has the magical ability to make bills go through each layer of congress faster and he totally has the power to make 'everyone' agree. :rolleyes:

For a man who has worked in government he doesn't know a lot about how it functions. :lol:

flint757

Reaction score
paletz-fig12_013.jpg

You'd think he'd have to take a Government 101 class at some point. :rofl:

President is only the last step in the process...

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
paletz-fig12_013.jpg

You'd think he'd have to take a Government 101 class at some point. :rofl:

President is only the last step in the process...

This is the reason that gary johnson and ron paul supports irritate the shit out of me when they say johnson or paul would fix everything and get everything just fantastic.

as if the president really runs the damn country.
and if congress would give two shits about what they have to say.

and if I hear one more upper-middle class teenage "lax bro" say their "policy is liberty" i'm gonna go off on someone.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I got into a ridiculous back-and-forth with an old acquaintance on FB, today. I posted the same op-ed Mitt Romney wrote in 2008 that I posted a page ago in this thread, along with my own comment that the predictions he made in the article proved incorrect. It was like talking to a politician, all day long.

Opening paragraph of the article reads as follows:

IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed.

So, this guy spent all day trying to convince me that Romney wasn't wrong because - separately from the above prediction - he goes on to say the industry needs to change. Related, this guy somehow misses that Romney also says that if the bailout happens, the industry won't change; further clarification of the idea behind the prediction quoted above.

So, I just kept hammering on the one thing: "Was Romney correct when he said that the industry would collapse if we bailed it out?" and he just absolutely refused to answer it. He'd ramble on and on about how the unrelated ideas in the article somehow made Romney correct, while completely refusing to answer the simple question.

Anyway, I was close to cut-pasting the whole damn interaction here, but then I realized I'm supposed to be an adult, so I decided to summarize it, instead? :lol:

I just don't get it. Romney chose to go with blatant hyperbole, and now that it's biting him in the ass, he and all his supporters seem to think they can rewrite history only a few years after the fact. I mean, sure, DUH: We couldn't just keep cranking out Suburbans and Hummers forever. That Captain-Obvious observation doesn't nullify the Fear Campaign prediction the entire article is predicated upon, does it? Am I being irrational?