Prog Metal Singer and Keyboardist NEEDED in NY!!!!!

• Thread starter AsIAm666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AsIAm666

Sevenator/Emo Killer
Reaction score
Yea, I'm in a serious Prog Metal band and we are in DESPERATE need of a singer and keyboardist. We're all in High School and are totally dedicated to actually getting somewhere with this. Influences include Dream Theater, Symphony X, Evergrey, Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, Wintersun, Trivium, Lamb Of God, etc. Singer must be able to sing Of Sins And Shadows by Symphony X, and the Keyboardist has to be able to play the solos and the rest of the song...cuz if you can do that...your obviously good enough Lol. We're on Long Island and we have 2 guitarists, me being one of them, a drummer and a bassist. Were really in desperate need of these 2 key elements of a Prog band so if you are or you know anyone that would be interested PLEASE let me know ASAP! Thanks a lot guys, Marc

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
hey goood luck with that my friend, i know how hard it can be to find truely dedicated members

AsIAm666

Sevenator/Emo Killer
Reaction score
Yea Lol thanks man. Unfortunately I had to find out the hard way...my last band got totally fucked up because of that, which is why it doesnt exist anymore. :wallbash:

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck dude. I'm on L.I. too and have never found a decent prog metal singer and had a hard time putting together I project myself. I eventually gave up and started writing more and more music on my own. I know it sucks but that's the way Long Island is.

AsIAm666

Sevenator/Emo Killer
Reaction score
Yea man I'm hating this. Long Island sucks for this kinda stuff. We're trying to go through all our friends and stuff to see if they have that "hidden talent" but I personally think its kinda hopeless, especially for them to be able to do what we need them to do. Where are you on the island by the way? I'm on the south shore about 10 minutes from Jones Beach.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
haha, it's not just you guys. Literally anywhere you are, there will be kids who won't dedicate themselves to a band, because that's not a priority in their life, they only do it for fun. There are few kids in high school who will actually committ.

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
AsIAm666 said:
Yea man I'm hating this. Long Island sucks for this kinda stuff. We're trying to go through all our friends and stuff to see if they have that "hidden talent" but I personally think its kinda hopeless, especially for them to be able to do what we need them to do. Where are you on the island by the way? I'm on the south shore about 10 minutes from Jones Beach.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, Long Island is the absolute worst as far as I'm concerned. I'm in Nassau, about 20 minutes from Jones Beach. (AKA: "The Place Where the Hardcore Bands Dress Like Early 90's Rappers")

AsIAm666

Sevenator/Emo Killer
Reaction score
Lol, is that some kind of riddle or something Lol. I'm in Wantagh. And yea, I'm getting pretty pissed at LI right now Lol. :wallbash:

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
AsIAm666 said:
Lol, is that some kind of riddle or something Lol. I'm in Wantagh. And yea, I'm getting pretty pissed at LI right now Lol. :wallbash:

:lol: It wasn't meant to be a riddle. I somehow managed to leave out that I'm in Lynbrook.

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
AsIAm666 said:
LOL HAHAHAHAA I get it now Lol. Lynbrook... what posers Lol.

:lol: Took you long enough. ;)

Yeah, it's pretty terrible in this town. The only good thing is the teaching opportunities. When people want to play metal/hardcore you can 75% of the time get them into the technique stuff.

AsIAm666

Sevenator/Emo Killer
Reaction score
Yea, thats definately a plus. God, I hate hardcore Lol. Most of its so talentless and unmusical. What is music coming to these days? Lol :rolleyes:

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Does anyone actually want prog metal singers? Or do they just accept them as part of the music?

AsIAm666

Sevenator/Emo Killer
Reaction score
No, I WANT one. Thats just what I like, and what would fit my band best. It would also be nice to have someone that can scream like Bodom and Wintersun but could sing cleanly and with a good range like Russel Allen from Symphony X :shred: :hbang:

Latest posts