Programmable Effects Switcher Suggestions?

• Thread starter Nitrobattery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I recently moved from NY to Oregon and still have a band back in NY. So, I'm currently in the process of trying to put together a simple pedalboard to take on flights when I head back to play shows.

When I still lived on the east coast I used a fairly large rig with two amps (one clean, one dirty) an 8 space rack and a pedalboard. That...isn't going to be easy to fly with, so I'm planning on shipping one of my Splawns to the east coast, buying a 4x12 out there and just brining a small pedalboard and a guitar or two on the flights.

What I'd ideally like is a programmable floorboard controller that can bring pedals in and out of the chain as well as change channels on my amp. I'd need two TRS 1/4" jacks to switch the modes on the head.

With so many options on the market, I was curious what you guys were using and what you'd recommend. I've tried the Carl Martin Octaswitch, but it colored the tone drastically. Boss ES-8 maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.