Prometheus (Ridley Scott returns to the Alien franchise)

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
That's generally what I thought. Again, I'll chalk it up to futuristic biological weapons facility. There's just so much that could go wrong, I don't think it matters exactly how it went wrong.

I agree, but I would still like to know what several of them were running from. Whatever it was, it must have been big... maybe like that monster at the end of the movie, only even worse. If that's even possible. :p

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty clear what went wrong.. The ooze that they intended to use on us, was unleashed upon them. At least that's my take on it. However, I could be wrong because when those holograms were running, they were running IN to the room with the ooze shells or whatever, rather then running away from it. Idk..

That scene raises a question, for me. The hologram showed 3 Engineers running towards that room. 2 made it inside, and the third got decapitated by the door as it closed. The body was still outside, preserved, and the head was inside, also preserved.

So..... Where are the other 2?

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
That scene raises a question, for me. The hologram showed 3 Engineers running towards that room. 2 made it inside, and the third got decapitated by the door as it closed. The body was still outside, preserved, and the head was inside, also preserved.

So..... Where are the other 2?

Good question. It's possible that there is another exit/entrance in that room that leads to other parts of the ship. It's possible that there isn't as well, and that something along the lines of what happened to that idiot biologist, happened to the leftover Engineers. Maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
Heres a link to a pretty good interview with ridley calling the engineers dark angels

Ridley Scott: "Engineers... they are dark angels" - Prometheus Movie Discussions

Ill edit another article when i find the article where is says their is another behind the scenes species unless someone finds it.

Im really interested in the tomb with the Deacon alien on the wall. What was behind that door. I also think that the other engineers were just running away from the infected engineer who was probably going to fuck them up lol

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
I also think that the other engineers were just running away from the infected engineer who was probably going to fuck them up lol

Wow, now considering what happened to both of those dude who got infected, I have to say that this might be a pretty plausible outcome.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
That's interesting.. I never knew that basic English classes actually teach you about movie plots, characters, settings, and all that jazz. You must be thinking of your theater-art classes, right?

It all starts with a script mate :fawk:

Overtone

Reaction score
They went seeking answers....
what they found... was a bald albino.

wankerness

Reaction score
I thought the movie had a lot of good ideas and was torpedoed by some of the worst dialogue and characters on record. They shouldn't let someone from the show Lost write the script next time. Seriously, most of the problems with teh movie are identical to problems with that TV show. All those supporting characters are completely terrible and are like the cannon fodder cartoon characters from Alien Resurrection when they should have been like the mechanics, etc from Alien. And Noomi Rapace's character? A world-renowned anthropologist chosen to head a multi-trillion dollar investigation that makes bold pronouncements about creationism because "I choose to believe!"? Gimme a break.

Another odd thing about it is some of the seemingly inexplicable scenes actually made sense in the original versions, or with some extra-movie context. Like, the original opening had other bald aliens giving that one who drinks the stuff a cup to do it with, which makes it a LOT less inexplicable. And later in the movie when David talks to the bald alien
before it flips out and kills everyone
, the movie inexplicably does not subtitle them. The lines make the whole scene make sense but in the final version of the movie it just is gibberish. No idea why they bothered going to the trouble of developing the language if they were just going to leave out the translation. It's a really messy movie and could have been good if they had a real writer come up with the characters and dialogue and had maybe gotten a different editor (or director? I dunno who would have made those decisions) who would have used the versions of scenes that made the plot make sense.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
My impression on the relative quality of Prometheus' philosophical musings:

prometheusstartrek.jpg