PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Devotion

Brojangles
Reaction score
So, tell me, are they worth it? They're costy, they look good, they sound good, but are they worth they're price? Do you own one? What's your favorite finish?

Just talk about PRS's here :hbang:

Reason for the topic: I just love their looks, and made myself a wallpaper of the 2011-models, which made me think about what you guys like/hate about them. Wallpaper included.

prscollection2.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I have owned a TON of PRS guitars. Honestly, my favorite PRS are the CE models (the bolt-on model, discontinued last year but the used and NOS ones are abundantly found in the US at least) and also the 2nd least expensive next to the Mira. I like their set neck models as well but to a lesser extent, the CEs I've owned have all been snappier and I really dig that. :) They are worth the cash IMO (I only buy used anymore, I think the new prices are still a bit too much for me) but I think you should play a few before you can really make that decision for yourself. :)

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
If you're considering buying one, it's best to actually go to a store and play it, so you can make the final determination as to whether it's worth it to you. Different people having different preferences and all. That being said, I've never heard anything negative regarding quality, and the few I've sat down and played were all good guitars.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Where are all the dissenters??? Put me down for a no. Overrated... overhyped... overpriced.

Nothing wrong with getting advice, but try one and if you like then buy it and tell all the haters like me to go F myself. Its all about what you like.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I say yes. But play a few of them, a lot of PRS have different color/wood/neck shaped/pickup configurations. Find the one that "clicks" and price won't be an issue. imo.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely worth it. I was so astounded by my PRS that I emailed the company just to thank them. I have lots of fancy guitars, but I previously had no idea that this level of perfection was even possible. The quality of the woods and workmanship is second to none. The in-house pickups are also to die for.

I can't say enough about these guitars. Just get one...get lots.

Edit:

Also, I agree with the post above me. The one I settled on was the 3rd one I tried. Although they are still the first, second, and third best guitars I've ever played.

Vidge

Reaction score
I personally just have one of the cheap Custom SE, but its one of the best guitars ive played for the $600 range. My buddy has a higher end one, cant remember the model but it was about $2200. And its one of the best guitar ive ever held.

To each his own of course... and definitely experiment around first, as suggested already.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Try out a model similar to what you want, and buy used.

I would buy a USA PRS, I would not buy a new one.

Devotion

Brojangles
Reaction score
I see much pro's but also some people 'against' them. That was what I was looking for with this thread, see the op for further explanation :)

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
I have two SE's, I won't be owning anything else in the foreseeable future.

Take from that what you will...

Vidge

Reaction score
I have two SE's, I won't be owning anything else in the foreseeable future.

Take from that what you will...

Im the same in that I feel content with only ever owning PRS, but I was debating on getting a 7 here soon... Does PRS do 7's?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I don't really care for PRS as much as I try.

I think my hatred for their pickups really goes a long way toward explaining why I've never quite bonded with one. My favourite that I've tried is a CE24 from about 1995, I keep trying to like the customs but as yet no luck.

I think for the money they cost and knowing for similar money I could get a used Suhr or Tom Anderson and stick my favourite pickups in it I just can't feel like I desperately want one. I'd rather have a music man or two, or a Jackson and a caparison.

Gitte

Reaction score
i hope some day i have enough money to get me a custom 24

a friend of mine has a few of those and the playability is not from this world..

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
PRS makes fantastic guitars. I have owned a few and still have a couple. They are outstanding in every way. They are a much better bargain used, though.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Love prs's, but again, used is where its at. Beautiful and great players.

I would put them on part with a custom shop guitar, but without the wait. Thats probably where some of the cost comes in aswell. You can buy one that day in tons of places.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I've had an SE Soapbar which I loved but I sold it to pay for my V, which I love more :D

I really, really covet a Custom 24 though.

romper_stomper

((AETOS))
Reaction score
For me mine was the most versatile guitar I have ever owned. I had a custom 22 with birds and dragon II's. Its kinda voiced for more classic rock tones..it gave me any tone I desired. Also was beat to shit which I thought was kinda cool because every single prs I have ever seen seems to be flawless and as if its never been played.

But I sold it just to move on to other gear...I now play a mim telecaster that seems to make me happy for the moment...

Latest posts