PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I gotta upload my pics to facebook or something, but I have a '17 one-piece MC594 and a '09 10-top Hollowbody to add to this.

Edit: Here's the 594 from the ad I bought it from:

img_0747-jpg.348447

That is one hot as shit looking guitar. If you gel with it, don’t ever let it go.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
I gotta upload my pics to facebook or something, but I have a '17 one-piece MC594 and a '09 10-top Hollowbody to add to this.

Edit: Here's the 594 from the ad I bought it from:

img_0747-jpg.348447
love that 1 piece quilted top! and I usually don't like quilted tops.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
For the people who have owned/played both the Korean made SEs and the new Indonesian made SEs, what are your thoughts on the Indonesian made? Money is tight right now but the new prices for the Indo SE's have been looking pretty good and I don't have a 6 six at the moment and been wanting one :lol:

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Owned Korean-made 03ish SE Singlecut and a 14 SE Cu24. Both were great guitars, no QC issues that I noticed - replaced the nut with a Tusq on both, also swapped out the bridge pickups. Currently own an Indo SE 277 Semi, it plays and sounds great but does have some cosmetic issues like sloppy pickup/inlay routes.

I'd say you can probably still get a great Indonesian SE, just buy from somewhere with a return policy or go check one out in person!

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Owned Korean-made 03ish SE Singlecut and a 14 SE Cu24. Both were great guitars, no QC issues that I noticed - replaced the nut with a Tusq on both, also swapped out the bridge pickups. Currently own an Indo SE 277 Semi, it plays and sounds great but does have some cosmetic issues like sloppy pickup/inlay routes.

I'd say you can probably still get a great Indonesian SE, just buy from somewhere with a return policy or go check one out in person!

Ah nice, a replaced nut is typical fare for a fair-priced import and the cosmetic issues don't really bother me much at all unless it is pretty offensive if that makes any sense :lol:

I'm left handed so unfortunately I don't have any lefty SEs I can try, but I fumbled my way around a right handed SE CU24 this past weekend at Guitar Center just to see how they feel and I was impressed tbh. The wide thin neck of the SE is certainly more easy to get along with then the pattern regular I had on a Core CU24 I had years ago, and everything seems solid!

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Sorry, no experience with the Indo SE's but I have two MIK SE Custom 24's ( 2015 I think). Still one of my favorite guitars out of all the six-string guitars that I own or have owned. I jive better with the wide thin better than the pattern regular of the S2 that I recently sold. On the one SE I replaced the tuners with Sperzel locking tuners and replaced the nut with a Tusq nut. But kept the pickups. They're not the most aggressive or articulate pickups but overall I've been happy enough to have not swapped em out yet. I haven't done anything to the other SE b/c tbh, I only bought it as a back-up in case anything ever happened to the other SE. And I guess that's a testament to how much I like em cause I've never had another guitar that I liked enough to buy another identical one for a back-up. If the Indo SE's are anything like the Korean made SE's from a few years back, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. Best of luck!

benfan

Reaction score
I have a MIK cu24 SE and a Holcomb signature SE which is also MIK. Both fantastic instruments, at their respective price points and in general.

The fit and finish is great, they are just really well put together.

I swapped the nut on both to the Tusq XL which fixed tuning stability etc. I've just snagged a pair of BKP's which will be going in the cu24 along with a set of the se locking tuners.

Mendez

Reaction score
Tonally? Nothing. Aesthetically? If it's not a strat, I'm out. :lol:.

I can respect that, I'm not the biggest fan of the look myself. If it were a set up similar to the CE semi hollow, then I would be all over it lol

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I think the Narrowfields with rings still look way better than what the did with the most recent Modern Eagles with that lonely little single in the middle. Looks like an unfortunate gouge in the middle of a beautiful top.
b3c4b48ae5f75806848723bfada58139.jpg

n5YTYeNUFjZm9k6gzRPRQJ.jpg