PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarFactoryDylan

Reaction score
Some pretty pictures of my new favourite guitar (Holcomb) and then with my first PRS love, the Hollowbody 1. I've got some amazing guitars from other brands too, but these two have really dominated my desire to play lately.

IMG_8413.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yianni54

Reaction score
Just got my first PRS Custom 24 last week.

I have never played such a resonant guitar! I would have never gotten it if it didnt have the satin neck and ebony board!!

I cant stand the 59/09 in the bridge though. Any bare knuckle or Dimarzio recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 41

GuitarFactoryDylan

Reaction score
The top on that Holcomb is insane!

Yeah it's really bizarre looking but awesome for it - the funny thing as well is that the run was all meant to be 10 top by default but this one was made/sent to our shop way after the run had closed orders because it was a one-off (I think) non-10 top. I love it though.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my first PRS Custom 24 last week.

I have never played such a resonant guitar! I would have never gotten it if it didnt have the satin neck and ebony board!!

I cant stand the 59/09 in the bridge though. Any bare knuckle or Dimarzio recommendations?

Glad to see the frets weren't a deal-breaker. ;) If you're looking for a BKP that will cover a lot of ground including metal, the Ceramic Nailbomb would work well in your CU24. :yesway: If you wanted to go DiMarzio, the Titan would be a good choice too. :agreed: The wood combo matches the JBM100 and they sound killer in that guitar, so I think it's a safe bet your PRS would smoke with those! :D

Yianni54

Reaction score
Glad to see the frets weren't a deal-breaker. ;) If you're looking for a BKP that will cover a lot of ground including metal, the Ceramic Nailbomb would work well in your CU24. :yesway: If you wanted to go DiMarzio, the Titan would be a good choice too. :agreed: The wood combo matches the JBM100 and they sound killer in that guitar, so I think it's a safe bet your PRS would smoke with those! :D

LOL, yea my desire to try a PRS was greater than my dislike of nickel frets :) :bowdown:

I ended up buying the PRS \M/ pickups and I put those in. I like the bridge but the neck was awful so I put the 59/09 back in. I may put a VHII in the neck and a either a nailbomb or painkiller in the bridge.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, yea my desire to try a PRS was greater than my dislike of nickel frets :) :bowdown:

I ended up buying the PRS \M/ pickups and I put those in. I like the bridge but the neck was awful so I put the 59/09 back in. I may put a VHII in the neck and a either a nailbomb or painkiller in the bridge.

Yeah that sounds like a better combo. :yesway: I have a \m/ bridge and 57/08 neck in my CU24 Satin WL and it sounds very good, I just grabbed another pair of the SD CD Holcomb Alpha/Omega pickups so I'll give that a go and let you know how that sounds. I absolutely love them in my PRS Holcomb but since the wood and specs are different it might not end up being apples to apples there so we shall see! :)

Grab a set of the MH Alpha/Omegas. They sound ridiculous in my PRS :D

Agreed, the Alpha/Omega set in my Holcomb is truly one of the best sounding PRS I've ever owned. Seriously winning combo! :D

Yianni54

Reaction score
How does the Holcomb play vs the 25 in scale of the CU24? I like that the Holcomb comes with Jumbo frets too. All I have been playing for the last 6 months is a Duvell elite and I am so used to the jumbo frets.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
How does the Holcomb play vs the 25 in scale of the CU24? I like that the Holcomb comes with Jumbo frets too. All I have been playing for the last 6 months is a Duvell elite and I am so used to the jumbo frets.

The CU24 feels a little slinkier, but the Holcomb wins hands down on note definition. I think the pickups help too, but just in terms of the scale the biggest difference is the feel. As someone who primarily plays 25" PRS, I can feel the difference immediately on the Holcomb, but I don't mind it whatsoever. :D

Scrubface05

Reaction score
The CU24 feels a little slinkier, but the Holcomb wins hands down on note definition. I think the pickups help too, but just in terms of the scale the biggest difference is the feel. As someone who primarily plays 25" PRS, I can feel the difference immediately on the Holcomb, but I don't mind it whatsoever. :D

This, exactly this.
I also find the Holcomb to have a load more sustain than normal CU24s.
The ebony plays a part in the difference in the way it sounds as well. I think the Holcomb has a little more attack in it, and love the tonal characteristics it has.

BHuard75

Reaction score
I just put a deposit down with Nick @ AxePalace for a CU24 artist pkg charcoal burst with a rosewood neck & ebony board.... That finish is badass, just buy it man.