PRS (SE) 2024

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
I prefer higher tension in general, 11-56 in D Standard/Drop-C has been perfectly fine for me across 25" SEs/S2s/Cores. Have gotten a Core Custom 22 down to Drop G with 14-68s, SE277 to the same tuning with 12s. Don't think the .5 inch between a PRS and a superstrat makes that much of a difference for rock/metal folks who are going to tune to preference with our preferred gauge regardless of scale length - just my opinion.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They're introducing an even cheaper version of the CE24, the Standard Satin. Ditches the maple cap and veeneer and has a satin top. $500. Comes in Transparent red, black, and turquoise.

I miiiight have to get that turquoise or charcoal one... Glad they went for the fully finished body vs the unfinished back of the regular CE24. Kinda bummed they didn't do a sunburst one.

turqouise.pngred.pngcharcoal.png

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Natback prs gang :squint:

If these are like the OG S2 satins they are gonna be great value.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
What's the difference between the SE and S2 series? It seems like the S2 uses same hardware as the SE which is a bit disappointing (especially the trem, not sure about the nut).
But they cost like 2k now? I remember many years ago when I bought my SE I looked at the S2 series which cost like 1.2-1.5k thinking "maybe I'll get one someday". But at this price? Hell no

tian

Reaction score
Frick. The charcoal is really tempting because I always had serious GAS for a satin Standard back when those were a thing but I don't really ~need~ this guitar.

Also, imo, these would be better with moons to really lean into the workhorse aesthetic. The birds look out of place on such a stripped down model.

EDIT: Turquoise not looking too shabby.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 173519.png

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Just got 3 of these in my store and they are actually REALLY impressive. The switches and pots feel really high end and the fretwork is awesome. All the bodies seem to be quite simple slab cut, minimal carving besides the lower bout cutaway, but man, you get a lot for $499.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also, imo, these would be better with moons to really lean into the workhorse aesthetic. The birds look out of place on such a stripped down model.

EDIT: Turquoise not looking too shabby.

View attachment 138782
These are probably using the same exact necks as the higher end SE CE24 so yeah it's actually cheaper to just make a shit ton of necks for both than to have 2 different necks for each model.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's the difference between the SE and S2 series? It seems like the S2 uses same hardware as the SE which is a bit disappointing (especially the trem, not sure about the nut).
But they cost like 2k now? I remember many years ago when I bought my SE I looked at the S2 series which cost like 1.2-1.5k thinking "maybe I'll get one someday". But at this price? Hell no
The S2 series exists to prop up Core resale values; without the S2s, you used to be able to score basic Core’s for $1400 to$1,600 all the time.

Estilo

Reaction score
The S2 series exists to prop up Core resale values; without the S2s, you used to be able to score basic Core’s for $1400 to$1,600 all the time.
They really need to a business school case study on PRS the businessman.

On topic, was temped by the SE DGT but saw the non-recessed control plates. It's a downer because even lower end Schecters have them recessed. Changes the feel for sure.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the turquoise CE24 Standard, but now I'm thinking about the charcoal one... I have enough black guitars, but this isn't...teechnically black? :lol:

Also cool Meshuggah vibes.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Just got the CE24 Satin in. First impression (aside from the high action PRS likes :lol: ) is that yeah, this is def on par with all the other SEs I have and tried. I think even a little better too? And it sounds fucking amazing, even with the 85/15 pickups in it. Sounds great in standard E, which I planned in keeping the guitar in.

Plus I did the unfilled "raw" finish. I remember trying some Les Pauls that had them and loved the feeling, so I'm glad to have a guitar that *entirely* feels like that. :lol:

Shit if the honeymoon phase doesn't wear off I may end up making it one of my main players