PRS SE 7 String Question(s)

• Thread starter Anquished
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've seen a PRS 7 string on sale for a really good price and I am *this* close to purchasing it, Before I did I wanted to ask a few questions.

I mainly play in B Standard/Drop A and I currently use a 26.5" Schecter Omen Extreme with a set of 10-59s on it. I've looked on D'addario's String Tension calculator and got roughly the same (if not a little bit more) tension using the NYXL 11-64 set in the same tunings on the PRS. I'm actually very surprised at how much the tension didn't move between the scale lengths and string sets.

Now I've attempted to use the 11-64 set on my Schecter before and I really struggled to intonate the lowest string, which I think was due to me not filing down the nut enough or the saddle on the bridge not accommodating the string well enough. I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff so I am sorry for my ignorance.

Will I have the same/similar issues with the PRS? Will the bridge saddle for the lowest string accommodate a 64? Will the nut need a little bit of filing to accommodate a 64?

Thanks in advance!

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
The saddle on mine took a 72 without modification, but the nut has to be filed for the string to sit in it properly.