Q about prestiges necks

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
So, yesterday, I play a K7 form a friend, :)bowdown:) first time I play a high end Ibby 7, and :bowdown: I still think on her.
Was a `03 K7fb (no volute, glow on dark side dots) and to my surprise, the neck have lacquer finish, the common lacquer finish, my point is, I always read that prestiges neck have some kind of special finish.

This lacquer is that finish? or the K7 does not have a prestige finish?

Thanks guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All Prestige & JC Customs have oiled necks.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
so....the k7 count like a prestige or what? the guitar have no modifications, have just 2 or 3 months of use (the last owner never played it) any explanation?

anyone??

norrin radcliff

Reaction score
My 7620 has a laquered neck also, but isn't technically a prestige although it was made in Japan (it is pre-prestige).

I thought I would strip it with some steel wool, but to be honest I don't really care about it at the moment.

Doesn't affect my ability to play really...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps after about 6 years of playing, the friction from your friends hand wore the satin into a glossier finish. It's happened on a few of my UVs.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
That lacquer is actually just hand oils from hours and hours of playing time. Once, that guitar had a satin-like feel. Using 0000 Steel Wool, you can restore that sort of glossiness back to more of a satin feel.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
ok, What I see in the k7 was not just a "glossier finish" was LAQCUER, I have experience in build and reparation and I`m sure it was lacquer, a big cape,like Fenders.