Q-Tuners are comming - 7, 8, and 10 string available

7stg

Reaction score
I found this on the Q-tuner Pickups facebook page:

Q-tuner Pickups via Facebook said:
May 23
Hello everyone,

Guess it's time for another update.
First of all the first Q-tuner series are ready.
Right now they are being beta tested by others.
As soon as we receive the feedback we want to hear they we will be able to send them out.
We already have some pictures ready and we will be posting some of them with additional details in the upcoming weeks.

Also, The first batch of Q-tuners that will go out are 4, 5 and 6 string bass pickups.
For the guitar we have 7, 8 and 10 string pickups available.
Followed by a batch of 6 string guitar pickups and depending on those results we will be expanding with other types of pickups.

The Q-tuner might have changed a bit but we can guarantee you that the sound is F'ing awsome.

:hbang::shred::bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Could be interesting, will be following this closely.

7stg

Reaction score
They did have this Direct Mount before. The width is is almost as big as the emg 1.43 vs 1.50 inches The length is a bit bigger than the emgs 3.634 vs 3.5 inchs.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I think they really shafted themselves out of a solid market by having absolutely no information from when they stopped production to now. They literally just stopped existing, and never had a solid answer on what was going on.

To be fair, loyal q-tuner people will buy em regardless. They just could've had a larger market with better, well, marketing.

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
So excite, I went with Laces because locating a pair of Q-tuners was impossible. Definitely plan on getting a 7 string set ASAP!

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I think they really shafted themselves out of a solid market by having absolutely no information from when they stopped production to now. They literally just stopped existing, and never had a solid answer on what was going on.

To be fair, loyal q-tuner people will buy em regardless. They just could've had a larger market with better, well, marketing.

It's the same with LSR tuners. I emailed them in 2008 and they said they were gearing up for production lol.

7stg

Reaction score
Here is an update
Q-tuner Pickups via Facebook said:
7/2
We will give our newsletter subscribers the first possibility to order. So sign up for our newsletter at www.q-tuner.com and you will be mailed within a few weeks.

Aris_T

Reaction score
I like the new design and always loved their transparent, almost piezo-like sound. It'll be interesting to hear the new ones.

It's nice to hear they're back!

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
Moar news! (though not all good, IMO). All emails dated 8/7/13.

Hi Q-tuner team!
I read on Facebook that we should contact you about ordering now. I am
interested in a 6 string standard single coil sized Q-tuner, are they
ready to ship out? And what are the aesthetics of the new version? I
would like the red coils like v1.0, but interested to see what the
options will be now. Thank you, and I am REALLY looking forward to
getting another Q-tuner!

Thanks for your e-mail, Clinton. We've just started to produce neodymium Q2.0 soapbar models for 4, 5 and 6 string bass and for 7, 8 and 10 string guitar. Models for 6 string guitar will follow further ahead in time. FYI, all models come with black covers having the Q-tuner logo printed in silver on top. See the attachment for a pic.

Take care, Erno.

Hi Erno,
Thank you so much for the response. Is there any timeline for the 6 string models?
Also, will there be an option in the future to not have the covers? I know for many players, one of the big appeals of your pickups was the unique appearance of the coils, and i personally much prefer the old look to plain plastic covers.

Actually, we're already producing some large 6 string test protos. If everything proceeds according to plan, large and small Q2.0's for 6 string guitar will be launched in the first half of next year.

We hope to re-introduce the transparent covers further ahead in time. Custom made tranparent parts are very expensive and the list of different pickup models is endless. The retrofit black covers allow us to offer Q2.0 models at affordable prices which is important in these times of crisis. Compared to the "old" style products, the black Q2.0's produce more output because they're powered by 20% more neodymium.

Take care, Erno.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Q Tuners used to look so cool. Now they look like EMG's with a giant ugly logo :ugh:

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
and it sounds like the old transparent style is still quite a way from happening at this point, even if they do start turning out the ones w covers :/

Whammy

Reaction score
Well the cat's out of the bag regarding the logo.

I put myself down as a beta tester for the 7-string pickups. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication between myself and Erno about the size of the housing for the pickup so it didn't fit.

Currently he only does soapbar (active) housing for the 7-string pups so I was unable to test them and he doesn't have any passive housing.

I was gutted that they didn't fit. I really wanted to hear them.

If everything proceeds according to plan, large and small Q2.0's for 6 string guitar will be launched in the first half of next year...

...Take care, Erno.

I would hope he will also release passive versions of the ERG pickups. I assume he will :scratch:

Along with everyone else here I agree 100% with the logo being obtrusive.
Here was the 7-string pickup
1078699_669999436360732_492331571_o.jpg

Personally I would not buy the pickup if the logo is so obtrusive.
Primarily I care about the tone more than the looks but I do draw the line at some point. And this crossed it.
I'm all for branding but this is a bit too much.

I would suggest to anyone who has the intention of buying a Q-Tuner down the line AND who doesn't like the large logo to email Erno and let him know.
If enough people suggest a logo re-size it may just happen.
Personally I think down the line he would appreciate potential clients informing him on what they prefer. It would only help his sales :yesway:

Some other members here are testing out the pickups so I'm sure when Erno gives the go ahead they'll stick some clips up :yesway:

EDIT:
Even having the logo in the style of Bartolini pickups (really large logo but it's impressed into the pickup cover so it's not obvious) would be a huge improvement.

Last edited:

Jessy

Banned
Reaction score
Acetone will take care of the logo just like it does on a golf disc. It's going to look the same as Carvin's logoless pickups after I do that, which is fine by me!

However, I'm not buying if these are only 2-conductor, as that photo suggests.

Whammy

Reaction score
However, I'm not buying if these are only 2-conductor, as that photo suggests.

True this pickup was only a 2-conductor pickup. I'm unaware if a 4-conductor version will be released. That's a question for Erno.

Does anyone know if the original Q-Tuners came as a 4-conductor pickup? :scratch:

Jessy

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the original Q-Tuners came as a 4-conductor pickup? :scratch:
Not standard. But I got two by request. Unfortunately, it wasn't a very good quality option, as one of the leads snapped off about a millimeter from the housing. I was able to solder it back together, but that's the one thing I wasn't impressed by. Both of these pickups (a 6-string bass and 7-string guitar in medium Z) went to somebody else on eBay years ago, because they didn't fit in the instruments I was using since then.

I think Erno believed that nobody needed more high end than the series wiring provided, but while they were better than anything else in this regard, they weren't good enough for what I wanted. Parallel wiring made as big a difference with Q-tuners as with anyone else's pickups. It was more like going from parallel to piezo, however, in terms of filtering, than from the parallel to series we're used to.