Q-Tuners are comming - 7, 8, and 10 string available

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
^ I assume that's a good thing :scratch:

Yeah, his full response was "I see your point, Morten. Thanks for your input."

I told him that the logo was a bit too "in your face", and gave the reason that this is a pickup that many people want to put in more classy guitars, and something like that would detract from a minimalist or rich looking guitar.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Do we have ANY idea on price? Q-tuners are my favorite neck pickups. I'l be all over these for my 8's. No giant logo though :lol:

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I actually don't mind the logo in terms of the size, but I honestly thought "Why is there a magnifying glass magnifying "uNe" in "tuner?" :scratch:

Now the question is "Why is the Q magnifying "uNe" in "tuner?" :scratch:

Whammy

Reaction score
I told him that the logo was a bit too "in your face", and gave the reason that this is a pickup that many people want to put in more classy guitars, and something like that would detract from a minimalist or rich looking guitar.

Well said :yesway: Very diplomatic :)

Jessy

Banned
Reaction score
I emailed Erno. Only 2-conductor available. I'm heartbroken and he's out $600.

Not acceptable for an aftermarket passive humbucker, in my opinion.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I emailed Erno. Only 2-conductor available. I'm heartbroken and he's out $600.

Not acceptable for an aftermarket passive humbucker, in my opinion.

It's not your average humbucker though, and it sounds more like a single coil already. No point in going parallell or coil tapped really.

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
^ agreed. I was pleased w a v1.0 w just two conductors. i used a 3way switch w a mini toggle to coil tap the bridge. It had 5 very useable tones set up like this:

Neck Q
Neck Q + bridge hum
Neck Q + bridge single
Bridge single
Bridge hum

A good wiring diagram and the right switch, i bet you could also do that w a 5 way

Jessy

Banned
Reaction score
It's not your average humbucker though, and it sounds more like a single coil already. No point in going parallell or coil tapped really.
That's not an accurate way of describing it. You can't get two coils that sense the string in different places to end up sounding like a single, due to comb filtering. You're in the right ballpark, though. I agree that there is no point in using a single coil, because noise is too high, but if you're not playing into a guitar amp, then there's definitely a point in taking away the lowpass filter that the extra wire amounts to.

Another reason I want access to all the coils, is that my instruments two cavities for magnetic pickups. I'd like to have the option of combining two coils from different cavities.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
So is the old aesthetic dead?

I have the Q 2.0 8 in my 2228 right now, clips and pics coming very soon.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Rook, how do you like them compared to the Laces? I think I'll get a set for my Strandberg eventually, but was wondering how they compare.

stuglue

Reaction score
Rook where did you get the Q tuners from? I'm in the UK like you, did you import them?

7stg

Reaction score
New News
Q-tuner Twitter - Jan 18 said:
The first models already are being produced. A new website is about to be launched soon.

Q-tuner Twitter - Jan 18 said:
Please send your question to info@q-tuner.com Include the model you're interested in. Thanks in advance.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I'm really interested in Q-Tuners but, while it has no effect on the sound, if the old aesthetic is dead and Emg-with-an-ugly-logo is the official new look for these I'll be passing on them.

Also, I remember reading that only 7 and 8 string models would be being made to start with, so I have no use for them anyway.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Part of what i loved about the old Q-Tuners was that they looked like they were from the future. The new ones just look like generic, boring boxes.