Random Pics of Your Rig

Marked Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. There is someone who says they have worked with John Sykes on a few forums and that he typically prefered 100w Celestion speakers. They don't specify if those are K100, T100, or H100 speakers. I was contemplating a Bogner Uberkab or Marshall 1960B with V30 (or Marshall G12 Vintage speakers) in an X pattern with T75.

I have G100Hs in one 4x12 cab and Classic Lead 80s in the other. It helps the stereo imaging when one side is slightly different.

I always keep my 4x12s on the ground and separated. The ol' vertical stack thing aims the treble directly at your ears, which I no longer need! Harsh even at lower volumes....

I even keep my MkIV combo (C90) and Thiele extension (EVM12L) on the ground and separated.

m1.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Man, Celestion has really paired their offerings down (so have WGS and Eminence). The G12K-100 is apparently out of production, as are most of the Redcoat and Patriot lines from Eminence. I used to have a shitty Ampeg 412 with Governor and Man O War speakers. (I didn't use them enough to break them in, I don't think).

Honu_Audio

Reaction score
IMG_1800.jpeg
Got a free speaker and a new replacement battery for cheap and this is what I’ll be playing at home when the energy company raises the rates during “peak hours” in the summer.
I found out I could link my phone to the Bluetooth on the speaker instead of using another aux cable and it doesn’t sound bad at all.
So far I’ve only needed to charge the speaker and the power bank for the modeler about once a week.

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
I finished the bass rig for the band I'm in. I run a Darkglass preamp into the Peavey and 4x12 for my "clean" tone and I run a Civil War muff clone into the Ampeg and 2x15 for my super dirty tone and then they go into an ABY and they're both always on. The 2/3 Lemmy stack is very loud even with earplugs 😈
rig.jpg

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I finished the bass rig for the band I'm in. I run a Darkglass preamp into the Peavey and 4x12 for my "clean" tone and I run a Civil War muff clone into the Ampeg and 2x15 for my super dirty tone and then they go into an ABY and they're both always on. The 2/3 Lemmy stack is very loud even with earplugs 😈
View attachment 144856
Nasty. That Acoustic cab is fuckin dope. As if we didn't already know, the fact that you put "clean" in quotes tells me we speak the same language 👹 Any idea what's in your 215? Whatever it is must be pretty beefy to stand up to that SVT pro.

Our bassist's 215 rig (technically it's mine but he's playing it so...) is smoking my current rig, which considering I usually have the opposite problem, is a refreshing state of affairs. Some kids at our last gig told him his bass tone sounded like a bulldozer, so mission accomplished I reckon.

sikk teleblaster, reversed control plate always gets the nod of approval :agreed:

Reactions: col

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
Nasty. That Acoustic cab is fuckin dope. As if we didn't already know, the fact that you put "clean" in quotes tells me we speak the same language 👹 Any idea what's in your 215? Whatever it is must be pretty beefy to stand up to that SVT pro.

Our bassist's 215 rig (technically it's mine but he's playing it so...) is smoking my current rig, which considering I usually have the opposite problem, is a refreshing state of affairs. Some kids at our last gig told him his bass tone sounded like a bulldozer, so mission accomplished I reckon.

The 2x15 is some homemade cab my guitar player got for free. It's really light and built really well. The speakers are some Celestions and I think they're 400 watts each. The old speakers in the cab were some random PA speakers that he got for free a long time ago. I blew them up with a cranked Matamp GT 150 tho lol

The guitar rig for this band is two 4x12s with two EVs and Redbacks each and a 6505 and my Matamp GTL. I'll try to get a picture of it next practice :)