Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Succumbed to the GAS and grabbed a Q547. Not gonna lie, i wouldn't recommend it. This was the best of 4 available from Sweetwater, and it's still probably getting returned. The truss rod is max tightened, but there is still relief. Plus the frets are meh, and ALL of their necks were set crooked. It is definitely an $1100 standard series :lol: Still snapped some pics just for fun.

20231216_012610.jpg

Also figured I would compare is to an S body. I know I was curious, at least. They're lined up at the nut.

20231216_012940.jpg

20231216_014940.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Succumbed to the GAS and grabbed a Q547. Not gonna lie, i wouldn't recommend it. This was the best of 4 available from Sweetwater, and it's still probably getting returned. The truss rod is max tightened, but there is still relief. Plus the frets are meh, and ALL of their necks were set crooked. It is definitely an $1100 standard series :lol: Still snapped some pics just for fun.

View attachment 134727

Also figured I would compare is to an S body. I know I was curious, at least. They're lined up at the nut.

View attachment 134728

View attachment 134729
I played the 6 string version of it sometime last year, and it left a long-lasting impression on me because I hated it so much. Idk why but I grabbed it, played it for 5 seconds and had an immediate feeling of "yuck wtf" that I couldn't shake off for the 15 minutes that I played it. I think it might have been the frets or the setup, not sure. Others I've seen in stores since have not had great QC, so I've been quite put off by these guitars since that first time I tried one. I think I've just had bad luck with them, because others LOVE these things. They do look nice, I'll say.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I played the 6 string version of it sometime last year, and it left a long-lasting impression on me because I hated it so much. Idk why but I grabbed it, played it for 5 seconds and had an immediate feeling of "yuck wtf" that I couldn't shake off for the 15 minutes that I played it. I think it might have been the frets or the setup, not sure. Others I've seen in stores since have not had great QC, so I've been quite put off by these guitars since that first time I tried one. I think I've just had bad luck with them, because others LOVE these things. They do look nice, I'll say.

Thats a shame, given that theyre not exactly cheap guitars. The only people Ive seen who love them are Youtubers. And I dont trust their opinions on anything. I swear, half of them still take their stuff to GC for string changes.

First thing my friend said when he saw it was that it "looks like a fish" :lol:

Unfortunately I did end up returning it last night. Now im keeping my eyes peeled for used, basic spec Kiesel headless' in the $1200 range. Jeff may be a wacky guy, but his company sure as hell knows how to build a great guitar.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a shame, given that theyre not exactly cheap guitars. The only people Ive seen who love them are Youtubers. And I dont trust their opinions on anything. I swear, half of them still take their stuff to GC for string changes.

First thing my friend said when he saw it was that it "looks like a fish" :lol:

Unfortunately I did end up returning it last night. Now im keeping my eyes peeled for used, basic spec Kiesel headless' in the $1200 range. Jeff may be a wacky guy, but his company sure as hell knows how to build a great guitar.
Yeah YouTubers idk, but I know a bunch of people here like them quite a lot.

Last time I saw a Q series at a store this is what struck me the most about it: (so much so I had to snap a picture)
20230614_165318_compress27.jpg20230614_165316_compress10.jpg

Lower horn had a chunk of the top that was leftover at the end of that ridge after cutting the bevel. 😅
Not a functional issue whatsoever, but that would personally not let me sleep right knowing it was there.
Sucks too because I find Ibanez QC to be pretty decent overall.

Anyway, I'll stop my rant now because I think I'm derailing the main topic of the thread quite a lot.