Reactive load comparison (Captor x, RedSeven & Fractal)

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently have 3 reactive loads in my studio. My current preferred load is the RedSeven Amplification Amp Central but I also own a Two Notes Captor X and Fractal LB-2. They are all great in their own way. Some of them sound a bit better, others have better features etc. I guess every player would have a different preference based on how they use it and what features they require. For me, I just need the one that sounds the best :)

Reactive loads have completely changed my life tbh. Being able to crank my amps at any time without disturbing anyone has been a complete gamechanger. Anyway, here's the comparison, I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts. Which one would you choose and why? Which application would yours have? Studio? Live? etc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
Watched it this morning, great comparison.

My only critique, and maybe I just missed it if you did mention this, is that you didn’t mention price differences between the units. Just relative cost, is the Captor half the price of the other ones? Is it 1/5? The same price?

Obviously prices are different in different countries, but I had to pause to look this up before I continued listening.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Watched it this morning, great comparison.

My only critique, and maybe I just missed it if you did mention this, is that you didn’t mention price differences between the units. Just relative cost, is the Captor half the price of the other ones? Is it 1/5? The same price?

Obviously prices are different in different countries, but I had to pause to look this up before I continued listening.

Fair point! I totally forgot to mention that. The prices aren't too far off though.

Shask

Reaction score
I think the Fractal sounds the best. It seems to have the biggest sound.