Reaper

• Thread starter punisher911
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Started with Mixcraft 5/6, but moved to ProTools11 after getting my 11R. Was doing ok, but never really liked editing my drum patterns from Addictive Drums in PT... Trying Reaper now, so far I'm digging it. Got my Addictive Drums 1/2 going in it. Just have to get my Waves Gold license into my desktop now and add that to Reaper.. Using a Scarlett 2i2 and my 11R for interfaces.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Happy Reaper user here since 2006. Never felt I'm missing a single thing. :)

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Dig Reaper a lot. WAY deeper than people give it credit for, and a seriously pro UI with tons of features. Awesome product for the price.

Yep. People make fun of it as the official DAW for noobs with Agiles playing djent. That happens to be true, but it's also the best bang for your buck in the audio engineering world despite it, so I see little reason to use PT unless you own an actual studio.

Psmeg

Reaction score
Reaper is an awesome piece of software and not bloated with commercial plug-ins that you may never use but had to pay for when purchasing the initial software...

Plenty of features to satisfy most peoples needs. \m/

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Love reaper.

Also, I dig your studio setup.

Thanks. It's a mix of recording and jamming/practice equipment.

JBL lsr305 monitors/AKG K240 headphones for mixing.
Scarlett 2i2/11R interfaces
Addictive Drums 1&2
Mixcraft 5&6, ProTools 10&11, Reaper DAWs (reaper will probably be my go to)
Sterling ST51 and Blue Spark vocal mics with an Audix i5 if I ever need to mic a cabinet

Jam stuff
Harbinger 12 channel mixer
Harbinger V2115 powered speakers x2
Senheiser e935 vocal mic

Gretsch Energy drums for fun and teaching my stepson how to play.

and of course, PRS SE Goldtop 245, PRS SE Clint Lowery, PRS SE Zach Myers, 2006 Martin acoustic, Squier PBass, and Yamaha TRBX305

as you can see, plenty of room for jamming/tom fooleries/recording.....

Mike

Reaction score
Used Cubase, used Reaper, used ProTools, dabbled with Logic a little. Prefer Reaper over everything and have no reason to ever change. I've been able to do everything I ever need with it easily and quickly. It's the only DAW anyone needs.