Recommend great Post-Metal to me!

• Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Long Distance Calling.
It's more post rock than post metal (But eh, all post metal contains post rock elements anyway and fans of post metal generally like post rock anyway) , but they've got some heavier rock and metal bits and on their most recent album, Jonas from Katatonia does guest vocals for one song :yesway:
Souvenir’s Young America is another great post rock/post metal band that rarely ever brought up in threads about post rock/post metal.

And no mention of Fall Of Efrafa yet? My most recent post metal discovery, and definitely a fantastic band, but unfortunately no longer together.
Luckily, there music is available for free legal download, so get get it!:yesway:
While not technically post metal, the band 5ive (no, not the boyband, they're called Five:lol:) do some great atmospheric sludge metal that I think can appeal to some post metal fans (bands like Cult of Luna and Pelican at times border on sludge metal anyway)

Yes, I am a post metal fanatic:lol:

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Besides all the great bands mentioned like Cult of Luna, Isis, Godflesh, Neurosis, Pelican, Red Sparowes, etc my other favorite is Yakuza. So good...

Wiz

Reaction score
This is a pretty great list so far folks, I spent half of the day downloading this stuff through my zune pass. Now I have a list of 12 hours of non-stop post-metal goodness!!

fathead

Cranius Deformus
Reaction score
Some of the last.fm antics piss me off, but it's a great place to find post metal, start a station with one of your faves and enjoy. Fire.fm for firefox works great for this. Also try http://www.farpastpost.net for some finds although sometimes it can be too mellow.

Thanks Triple7, you guys rule.

Wiz

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that out of all of the bands that I heard of from here (and I haven't listened to all of them yet) a couple that really struck a note with me were 5ive, Burst and The Capricorns.

5ive especially, they're all I liked about Kyuss and much more. I never realized how much I loved sludge.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
You need to listen to:

Tides
Tesa
Supercontinent
Seven Nautical Miles
Russian Circles (already mentioned but they are fucking awesome.)
North
Monolith
Latitudes
Katabatic
Hand of Fatima (!!!!!)
Glaciers
Conifer
Ashes and Iron (!!!!)

And I guess I am spent. Sorry if some of these have already been mentioned.

astaroth

Reaction score
Russian circles performed here in SG just two days ago! awesome set. Check out In Each Hand a Cutlass.

Splees

splees
Reaction score
You need to listen to:

Tides
Tesa
Supercontinent
Seven Nautical Miles
Russian Circles (already mentioned but they are fucking awesome.)
North
Monolith
Latitudes
Katabatic
Hand of Fatima (!!!!!)
Glaciers
Conifer
Ashes and Iron (!!!!)

And I guess I am spent. Sorry if some of these have already been mentioned.
I came in here to mention glaciers. they should be much bigger than they are. it's good to see another fan. :yesway:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
On the whole, great suggestions so far, most of my favorite bands have already been mentioned.

You'd also do well to check out Irreversible. I haven't heard all of their newest album, "Light" yet, but it's quite different. If you can find the album entitled "Age", definitely give it a listen. Souvenir's Young America, Beware of Safety and The Pax Cecilia are all also pretty sweet.