Recommend Me guitars with tremolos

• Thread starter You
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mpexus

Reaction score
For that price range I would second the RG550 or even an old S series. The MIJ/Wizard stuff is very very solid. Very good guitars. If you have not played a Wizard neck I will say they are VERY thin and unsure if that would suit you.

I have the S and I love it but I also have a Charvel with a compound radius that I like much better.

Either way you can't go wrong with an old ibanez IMO. Just be sure they have upgraded pickups and not the stock ones.

The 90-93 old S's have neck's that are even a tinny bit thinner than the RG 550 of that time. They are 22 fret guitars but they are incredible versatile, you can play anything you want on them. Extremely light and have lots of sustain which is amazing considering how thin the bodies are.

Reactions: You

You

þ
Reaction score
Update: So I recently had the ability to play this bad boy at my local music store
2916344519_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well it played and sounded. The neck felt very comfortable to play on, and there was little to no fret issues that I'm currently aware of. However, I'm still open to other options, if anyone has any recommendations please contact me.

Avedas

Reaction score
I'd play the shit out of that if it were HH and maybe no pickguard.

Kyle-Vick

Also likes Jeeps and Motocross.
Reaction score
Old RG520 and RG570 are also awesome, and can be found really cheap. Hell same with the Jackson DKMG, I paid under $300 for each of the MIJ Jackson and Ibanez's I have and they are better than any of the Gibson or American Fender's I have played. You can get a lot for your money, if you know where to look.