Recommendations for monitors in a home studio

• Thread starter Monsteri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Monsteri

Reaction score
Hey all. I am fairly new at doing recordings and I want to dive into the realm of home recording. I have a basic usb interface but I lack monitors. Would be really helpful if you guys could give me tips on what monitors to get. My budget is around 300 €. Any other tips regarding home studio/recording would be really helpful too! Thanks in advance :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Suosittelisin säästämään vielä hiukan. :)

By the bare minimum I'd suggest to wait and save a bit more for KRK VXT4. The difference is big compared to sub 300€ "monitors".

As for tips, play around with the monitors placement a lot, do multiple tests with a frequency generator, walk around in the room to find if you have huge peaks and gaps in the sound etc. Get bass traps in the corners of the room. And mix, mix a lot, it's the only way to get better. Watch Graham Cochrane's "5 Minutes to a Better Mix" youtube series, all 90+ episodes of it.

Humanoid

Reaction score
Behringer 2030A monitors are the best you can have with that money. Worth the price.

Spectivum

Reaction score
Get one with a minimum 6 inch speaker, buy the best used one you can get.

Psmeg

Reaction score
Take a look at the Tannoy 802's (8" speakers). They are well priced and are a big improvement on the bass over my KRK RP6 G2's.