Recorded a metal version of Atma Weapon (from Final Fantasy VI)

• Thread starter Naren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally loved Final Fantasy VI (on the SNES) when I was a kid and it had some of the best music in video games (even to this day). One of my favorite themes was Atma Weapon (aka Ultima Weapon). Around 2000 and 2001 I learned a ton of songs from FF6 and FF7 on guitar after replaying through both games the bazillionth time. Well, I never recorded any of them, but I stumbled across the Atma Weapon theme yesterday and got the idea to make a metal version of it:

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
If you like FF music, you should look up some The Black Mages albums. They do band versions of FF songs. Really, really good stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
^Yeah, I've heard them. It's run by the guy who actually wrote most of the FF music in the first place (Nobuo Uematsu). I believe he plays keyboards in The Black Mages.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
^The Black Mages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whoops. Actually it wasn't JUST Nobuo Uematsu (the composer for most of the Final Fantasy games), but it was also Kenichiro Fukui (the composer for Front Mission 5, Lord of Arcana, and a bunch of other games) and Tsuyoshi Sekito (the composer for Metal Gear Solid 2, Romancing SaGa, Dawn of Mana, and a bunch of other games).

:lol: I had only remembered Nobuo Uematsu (since he composed the music for FF 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 14, as well as ton of others such as Chrono Trigger, Lost Odyssey, Rad Racer, and on and on).