Reflections Frequency/Tone

blablbalb

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been lurking the depths of seven string for a few years now, but have finally created and account because I cannot find answers anywhere else. I am trying to get a tone similar to what this band has-
Reflections - The Fantasy Effect

Reflections - The Fantasy Effect (FULL ALBUM) - YouTube
Around 11 minutes in, the song An Artifact shows the sound I'm looking for best.

Does anyone have a clue what sort of rig they are using, I am unable to find anything on it (mostly I think it is the band name that makes it hard to google search). I am sure it is axe-fxy, but am just trying to get a feel for their sound.

I realize it is pretty "djenty", but was curious as to see if anyone had experience with the band...
In the hopes that I don't sound stupid, what I am really looking to figure out is what frequency they have to be boosting (**edited here** the *chugs* specifically). I have read the threads (and the big 'ol sticky) describing how to get a djent tone out of your rig, but having experimented trying to get this specific frequency (of this band) on my own I have failed.

Just posting in hopes to make some friends and get some answers. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Sounds like the highs and lows are pretty heavily cut to accentuate the midrange with a high and low pass filter.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
My guess would be a Recto or a 5150 - both very possible with a POD HD. Lots of gain. Passive pickups?..
LPF around 13.5Khz, HPF around 150Hz. Big boost between 7Khz and 9Khz.
Huge cut around 500 or 600Hz and around 1.2Khz.
Skinny ass strings and some dry guitar mixed in to get some semblaence of note separation.

blablbalb

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies guys, and Quitty you are amazing. This is, spot on, the type of answer I was looking for.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Some guy interviewed Charlie (one of their guitarists) and I remember him saying that they use the Engl Fireball model on their Pod HD500s.

Alphanumeric

Reaction score
Low cut at like 200hz, palm mute further from bridge as normal, glide over the rather than chug the low B string, just do the E and A string.

blablbalb

Reaction score
For those interested I was able to get mildly close to the tone based off Quittys suggestion, or at least what I thought seemed close, fiddling with my 11r for hours killed my ears. I did end up with a tone that seemed pretty satisfactory for a first go though. I'm pretty pleased :hbang: