Regarding Over-Moderation and Mod Style

• Thread starter caughtinamosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
In response to that, I say that images are generally more offensive when combined with words, rather than having them solitary. Besides, your "joke" isn't that offensive. Too soon? I'd say so, but not *that* offensive.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the mods are doing a good job! I would never want to deal with half of the bull shit they do! Kudos to the mods - They try to make this site as enjoyable as possible for everyone IMO.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/1562416-post19.html

Dont you guys think you're being a little unfair by just banning them like that? I posted that and didn't get banned (not that im complaining :lol:)

Yeah, that was in bad taste ;) However, you're usually a pretty good community member, so, I personally let it slide. What we try to do is to sculpt the memberbase into something better than the rest of the internet. When someone new arrives, and starts posting psychobabble dribble, it's best to nip them in the ass with a ban saying, "Yeah, that may go for the rest of the internet, but please keep it to a bare minimum here."

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
MVP's are long-time members who have contributed a LOT to the site, and since Chris can't have 80 guys on the mod-team :lol:, he created the MVP group. Yeah, it lead to some bitching and whining (Oh, why did HE get to be an MVP, and not me?), but that's human nature. What to do :lol:

I don't think we can add anyone else to this group, given our lack of powers, so it really hasn't come up lately :erk:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Eric got to be a mod. :scratch:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Honestly, when you compare this place to some boards where the rules are insanely draconian, and the moderators can (and do) perma-ban people for the most trivial infractions, the code of conduct on here really isn't that unreasonable.:shrug:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^^:lol:Real subtle, man.

The current mods now are practically "mini-mods" as it is. I get too many PMs as it is from people asking/complaining about why their posts/threads/etc went missing and I never delete shit relative to the other guys:lol: I'm not sure I want to have to rationalise the actions of twice as many people. Plus, I honestly have no idea who to pick. Do you really want every single regular member playing moderator? What a drag.

Id love to see what would happen if everyone became a mod for a day :rofl:

But really, you guys do a standout job. Good work :)
I give the mod teams efforts: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
I for one welcome the "over moderation" i think alot of the older members will agree with me when i say that over the last year or so there has been an influx of general douchebaggery. i feel that the best way to stamp this out is with the iron fist of the mods.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I for one welcome the "over moderation" i think alot of the older members will agree with me when i say that over the last year or so there has been an influx of general douchebaggery. i feel that the best way to stamp this out is with the iron fist of the mods.

:agreed:Things seem to gradually be improving now, and I'd like that trend to keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts