Replacing a licensed floyd rose by an edge pro

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
I've searched during a few days but I've found nothing relevant, so here I am. I have an Agile interceptor pro 725 and the trem which comes with annoys me. The whale tail with the fine tuners give me some problems when it comes to shred :wallbash:. I hope some of you will share their wisdom with me :agreed:. So i was wondering if it was possible to switch the floyd by an edge pro.
IBANEZ 7 STRING TREMOLO EDGE PRO C - Cyberstore Thomann Français
It seems that edge pro don't have this whale tail. Is this switching possible ? Any tuto about this kind of replacement ? Any suggestion is welcomed :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
You can't switch an OFR for an EDGE, but I don't know about your trem.

Is it really worth it on an Agile? You could get a whole 7620 with a Lo Pro for maybe $450.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
It's not an ofr it's a licensed fr (well I guess it's almost the same thing apart from the quality). I don't want to put that much on a trem but I love my agile, great guitar :) but the playability is a bit affected so if someday there's a bargain on ebay... but if you say it's impossible. There are no other replacement possible ? I don't like ibanez necks from those which I tried.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
If you're willing to get a bit of routing done, it will fit, but it probably won't without modification to the woodwork.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
This is something iv been wanting to do for a long time but havnt been able to trackdown the trems just on their own.

You can't switch an OFR for an EDGE, but I don't know about your trem.

Is it really worth it on an Agile? You could get a whole 7620 with a Lo Pro for maybe $450.

Agiles are actually fantastic guitars. They slay any 7420 or 7620.
having owned both of these Ibby 7s i can safely say they didn't even come close to the Interceptor Pro.

I very much doubt you'l actually have to do any routing as the physical sizes arnt that different. Dont take my word on this cus i dont 100% know but even if you did have to do some routing, it wont be much. Itl be a massive improvement also.

My interceptor bridge is fine but the Edge Pro is far Superior

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
After searching a bit more i found this thread on jemsite :
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/not-the-usual-way-from-floyd-rose-to-edge-pro-91570.html
Looks like it would fit but it seems that the block is wider. Someone can confirm this ? Would the adjustement be hard to do ?
And on the thomann link I put earlier is it really a picture of the edge pro ? It looks like a lo pro.
Cheers to the mod guys here, switching a tremolo looks like a challenge to me.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/not-the-usual-way-from-floyd-rose-to-edge-pro-91570.html
Looks like it would fit but it seems that the block is wider. Someone can confirm this ? Would the adjustement be hard to do ?
And on the thomann link I put earlier is it really a picture of the edge pro ? It looks like a lo pro.

Its just fear of the unknown mate. If you not confident about it (understandable) then dont do it yourself. its a simple job for any guitar tech and most guitar shops that offer services would be able to do it or at least recommend someone they use for more advanced setup stuff.
Routers are a scary tool to take to a guitar but this mod/upgrade is something I will definitely be doing myself in the future at some point now the Edge Pro trems are available to buy separately.

Best advise: Ask other guitarists and music stores if they know of any decent Techs around. i will be amazed if you dont find someone :yesway:

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score

I watched a luthier change the trem out on my SX (the new bridge cost as much as the guitar :lol: ) and it wasn't TOO complicated. However, the base of the new Floyd came pretty close the edge of the pocket. Not sure if that was an issue with the original trem on it, but if an OFR is a tight fit, I can only imagine how an Edge would fit. The routing might be different on the Agile 7's though. But if you do get it to fit, look on Floyd Upgrades YouTube and it'll show you exactly how to set up a new trem.

A Floyd Rose Pro is practically the same thing. Not sure about prices, but the FR Pro should be more readily available. I'm not certain if it's available for 7 strings though.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
Thanks for the advises :yesway:. I think that I'll search for someone able to do this routing job and I'll definitely look out those FR pro :shred:. Be sure to see a new trem day if it ends up good :).