Return to work push?

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes you have to interact with other adults if you don't want to become an android or something.

That's why I FORCE me to get out of the house a few times a week even if my natural tendency is to stay home. Socializing (even a little bit) is beneficial for most human beings, myself (a hermit) included.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I would add that it's a con that you don't socialize with coworkers as much, but that's entirely negated by the fact that you can both socialize with non-work people with the time you've saved, but also, there's no rule against being social with your coworkers because you're remote. Honestly, the "hybrid" approach of WFH except when you explicitly want to come in for the social parts of things - I can think of no down sides.
man-pressing-like-button-in-phone-uyyyi9o4wcit9m2p.webp

soliloquy

Reaction score

I can totally see entities saying one of the biggest cons of not going to the office is 'missing out on stale pizza that they give employees as a way to acknowledge how much they appreciate their employees. But that appreciation will never come in the form of financial compensation; dignity; respect; ability to work from home; being treated as mature adults; trust that we can do the job they hired us for...etc etc etc...but that pizza though'

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I can totally see entities saying one of the biggest cons of not going to the office is 'missing out on stale pizza that they give employees as a way to acknowledge how much they appreciate their employees. But that appreciation will never come in the form of financial compensation; dignity; respect; ability to work from home; being treated as mature adults; trust that we can do the job they hired us for...etc etc etc...but that pizza though'
Even more of a slap in the face for me since Detroit pizza is dogshit compared to local pizza places in Windsor (not Pizza Pizza, Dominos, etc)