"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
As somebody who normally loved pickle-flavored snacks, yeah, those aren't great. I dig the hot mustard Doritos, though.
I love Lays dill flavored as well as their vinegar flavored but it feels like maybe dill doesn't play as well with corn as opposed to potato.

Will def grab the hot mustard if I see it.
I could see that going either way... Really good or really ass.

Unfortunately most of the latest mountain dew flavors I've noticed or what my daughter has brought home have been ass.
I bought a 12pk of dew's baja laguna lemonade and it's okay. Almost has like a hint of coconut. It was on sale for $4 otherwise I woulda passed.
Was Mountain Dew always as flat as it is now? Don't know if I'm getting Berenstain Bear'd but while it was never the most carbonated, I feel like it used to have more. Every time I try a 20 oz bottle it seems half flat. I know there's a lot of syrup but damn.

Just further proves Fountain Dew > bottles/cans
Back when I used to do the dew regularly, I wound up switching to cans cause there was too much inconsistency in carbonation between batches/ stores. I'd always wind up wasting some of it regardless cause once it gets a little warm and flat, it's gross. I still get the craving sometimes so I keep some cans on hand but it's the store brand and a lot cheaper. Blindfold taste-test, I'd never know the difference.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I used to destroy these things. Definitely a hot weather drink, haven't found them in the states though.
3123612335.jpg

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don’t know what the question is but the answer is no.

IMG-9941.jpg
It's probably a mango, but I hope that's a grenade floating in the lava / cheeze.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Woah, a $60 loss, hopefully you'll be able to keep a roof over your head with all this money mismanagement!

It's actually a win, since ya know, my bank is full of yen and the exchange rate has tanked since his offer. But not an important difference in the money. Just when someone is already lecturing you about what they go for and why it should be exactly what they're offering you, etc., I could have placed a bet right there that I'd get one of the pissy follow-up messages once it sold :D It sounds impossible, but after doing enough Reverb sales, it seems pretty easy to tell almost right away who is not worth doing business with.

Is that the Patrick Sims?

Indeed!

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Absolutely right about the intuition of who is gonna suck to sell to on Reverb when you make enough sales. Sometimes all it takes is an introductory DM.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I've been wondering for awhile- do any of you have a perfect guitar? I mean one where the frets are perfectly level, neck geometry on point, great string action with no buzz, predictable neck movement throughout the year, excellent hardware and setup? just nothing you'd improve upon?

I can't seem to find one. No matter what I buy, no matter how well the setup/remediation work by me or a legit luthier is, I always find a thing or two that isn't great in the end and it grates into me until it's all I can focus on.

I feel as though it's a me problem- letting the perfect get in the way of the good or whatnot. Annoying and expensive problem.

Is this just part of GAS or what? I have a touch of mild obsessive compulsive so the lines are kinda blurred sometimes.

Last edited:

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I've been wondering for awhile- do any of you have a perfect guitar? I mean one where the frets are perfectly level, neck geometry on point, great string action with no buzz, predictable neck movement throughout the year, excellent hardware and setup? just nothing you'd improve upon?

I can't seem to find one. No matter what I buy, no matter how well the setup/remediation work by me or a legit luthier is, I always find a thing or two that isn't great in the end and it grates into me until it's all I can focus on.

I feel as though it's a me problem- letting the perfect get in the way of the good or whatnot. Annoying and expensive problem.

Is this just part of GAS or what?

No. All my guitars are good enough for what I want to do with them. Some are better than the others, but all are good.

I was happy when I owned crappy guitars, and I'm happier now that I own better guitars.

And I usually forget about any minor problems, blemishes, this, that or whatever when I'm playing, so usually that's what I end up doing: I play the guitar and forget about everything else. I use the things, the things do what I want, all is good.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score

Is this just part of GAS or what? I have a touch of mild obsessive compulsive so the lines are kinda blurred sometimes.
My Kiso H-I

Standard Horizon is very close, but there's some less-than-perfect details on it especially around the neck binding

PRS is perfect but very very fiddly and needs a full setup once a quarter to meet this criteria

The Anderson has been perfect so far, but I've only had it for 5 months so I can't comment on it long-term

In general, my guitars are the best of the best or they go back out the door