Reverbs

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
Yeah that I know, but it's still ridiculous, isn't it?

It's not like a Digitech pedal is gonna sound the same as the old Lexicons units. And it's not like other reverb algorithms can't also sound nice and Lexicon-vibey. I remember listening to clips of the pedal and it sounded nice which was why I got interested in it, but this just seems ridiculous. Because it's loosely connected to the mythical Lexicon everybody must have it and just a short time after being discontinued it's already ridiculously expensive?

Come on...

Tell me with a straight face this makes sense.

How many guitar players have even used a Lexicon unit?

Meh...don't let it get to ya.
There are plenty of fantastic options out there now.
We really live in a super spoiled age of guitar gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
I do understand gear becoming sought after. I have made a few profits here and there. Biggest one I had an original malekko spring chicken I sold for almost double what I paid new.
But digitech ? That’s fucked up.

Last edited:

wakjob

Reaction score
I do understand gear becoming sought after. I have made a few profits here and there. Biggest one I had an original malekko spring chicken I sold for almost double what I paid new.
But digitech ? That’s fucked up.

Well...when you have a guy like Dave Friedman recommending it just about every week on 'Tone Talk' epsousing it as the next best thing to a real PCM Lexicon rack unit...it's gonna get a rep on the internet.

mongey

Reaction score
Well...when you have a guy like Dave Friedman recommending it just about every week on 'Tone Talk' epsousing it as the next best thing to a real PCM Lexicon rack unit...it's gonna get a rep on the internet.
Is it the hardwire ones ? I’m pretty sure an ex band mate of mine bought one and returned it cause he didn’t like back when they came out. Lol. I did always question his taste level.

wakjob

Reaction score
Is it the hardwire ones ? I’m pretty sure an ex band mate of mine bought one and returned it cause he didn’t like back when they came out. Lol. I did always question his taste level.

Yeah. The Hardwire RV-7...then the Supernatural version that was marketed towards more ambient sounds...then the Polara came out with all the goofy graphic on the case.

I don't know if or what got changed internally with each incarnation as far as chip sets go and component layout ect... But I'm pretty sure the algorithms are the same.

mongey

Reaction score
Finally got some time post Christmas with the empress and I’m really happy with it so far. Even the spring , which many seem to say is a weak link , sounded good to me with a few tweaks.

I can see how it can be hard to keep track of so many modes and settings with no screen so a printed sheet of all the modes sill help.

but the sounds out of the box are great.

the added looper is a bonus but need to get a sd card to try that out.