Revv G20

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MSS

Reaction score
The two notes integration makes me interested in this.

Last edited:

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
At Long & McQuade here in Canada, the Revv is going for $1549, the Mesa Mini Recto is $1689 and a Mini Mark V ( 25 watts) will set you back $2159.

Gear is NOT cheap up here in the least... :erk:
Aren't Revvs made in Canada?

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
My issue with the Revv lunchbox amps is they’re just a little too high in price for the number of channels.

wakjob

Reaction score
I feel so bad for guitarists in Canada and Australia $$$!!!

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Aren't Revvs made in Canada?

So are pedal makers Empress, Airis and several others but they all have their prices (as budda said) in USD and even then we (in some cases) still pay tax on top of that, so buying & flipping gear is not something you tend to want to do very much around here. There are a lot who do mind you but it ain't easy on the bank account.

wakjob

Reaction score
And somehow sounds better than the G3 pedal.

Maybe it's the G4 pedal then :lol: ...idk

I've been contemplating for YEARS of building an all tube amp with only a single tube input driver stage, (pedal input) NO PREAMP or TONE STACK (pedal output), tube phase inverter...poweramp ect...

So basically it would allow you to make any pedal the preamp, located in the proper place in the circuit.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
So are pedal makers Empress, Airis and several others but they all have their prices (as budda said) in USD and even then we (in some cases) still pay tax on top of that, so buying & flipping gear is not something you tend to want to do very much around here. There are a lot who do mind you but it ain't easy on the bank account.
Now Reverb adds various states' sales tax on stuff that's sold because you declare yourself a "shop," and the Supreme Court declared these sales a part of an "Economic Nexus."

It's complete robbery. It makes some items that retain high used value basically a wash to buy them used vs. new. The Supreme Court ruling last year that declared that online sales out of state can have sales tax added to them. Most states have taken up the SC on that offer and will gladly grab more tax revenue.

But of course, heaven forbid if our large corporations like Wal Mart and Amazon pay any taxes. Praise be to our corporate orverlords.

Last edited:

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Here, if you buy from a "store", we have 'provincial' and the "H.S.T." (ie: Harmonized Sales Tax) in others areas where the Provincial tax was merged with the G.S.T. (Goods & Services Tax). Suffice it to say, if you buy something privately, no tax is applied and if you get it from an actual registered 'store', I think it's based on the province it's being shipped to. Here, we pay 15% on prctically everything except certain groceries & medications.
For example, if I were to buy a $1,000 amp or guitar at a store, they automatically tack on an extra $150 for taxes. As far as I know, the Maritime Provinces have the highest tax rates in the country mainly because it's not a very economically strong area.

Now you know why I scratch my head when people post about how 'cheap' such & such pedals/amps/guitars are because if you were to buy them up here, add (roughly) 30% for the exchange rate and then another 15% sales tax and heaven forbid you order it online where they don't have free shipping. Want an Axe III and live up here ? You could buy a half decent used car for the same or even less.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I even had a guy buy my Ken Lawrence on Reverb. I'm in Tokyo, he's in Texas, and he has to pay import and now also tax that is auto-collected via Reverb? He didn't seem to mind but hey, find my for sale ads off Reverb and send me that extra $700 then!

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
Here, if you buy from a "store", we have 'provincial' and the "H.S.T." (ie: Harmonized Sales Tax) in others areas where the Provincial tax was merged with the G.S.T. (Goods & Services Tax). Suffice it to say, if you buy something privately, no tax is applied and if you get it from an actual registered 'store', I think it's based on the province it's being shipped to. Here, we pay 15% on prctically everything except certain groceries & medications.
For example, if I were to buy a $1,000 amp or guitar at a store, they automatically tack on an extra $150 for taxes. As far as I know, the Maritime Provinces have the highest tax rates in the country mainly because it's not a very economically strong area.

Now you know why I scratch my head when people post about how 'cheap' such & such pedals/amps/guitars are because if you were to buy them up here, add (roughly) 30% for the exchange rate and then another 15% sales tax and heaven forbid you order it online where they don't have free shipping. Want an Axe III and live up here ? You could buy a half decent used car for the same or even less.

Music instruments/gear should be tax exempt. I've been saying this for years but literally no one cares.