RG2027 made to be a JP?!?!

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
I'm a bit saddened when i see that done to a 2027 really.

It doesn't appear to be a very good job either.
The headstock/decal looks terrible andthe piezo doesn't work (you have to be so careful with the electronics on these).

I suspect it doesn't work because of the new pickup-selector. The wiring is quite complex on the 2027 and they don't take kindly to having bits changed.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought this guitar was custom built for someone, it's a horror to cover up that flame maple top, they could of atleast made it a JPM 90th.

jtm45

Reaction score
JPMDan said:
I thought this guitar was custom built for someone, it's a horror to cover up that flame maple top, they could of atleast made it a JPM 90th.

It looks like it was an RG2027xvv Dan.
They had the plain ('Vintage Violin')lacquered mahogany top not the flame like the CST.

They're still beautiful guitars though and it is a real shame to do this to one.:agreed:

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
yeah... it kinda looks...not... good :squint: , i mean mabye it'd be worth buying (if it stays cheap) to restore to its former glory, that in itself would probally cost a bit if the piezeos are shot :wallbash:

jtm45

Reaction score
If all of the piezo electronics are there and the thin and delicate wires running from the saddles are intact it could be done but if anything's missing i'm guessing it would be next to impossible to get it working as they no longer make the Double-Edge Lo-Pro and never made any spares for it.

The actual circuit-board is an LR Baggs 'Control-X' model though so i don't know if you might be able to replace it with the ones you can buy for Strats and Tele's maybe?
I don't know if the one they fitted in the 2027's and CST's was modified in any way.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
At least you can sand off that asstastic finish. What a poor guitar T___T

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
For fucks sake. If people are going to completely modify an ibanez 7, DONT DO IT TO ONE OF THE NICEST AND RAREST ONES!!:scream:

There isn't nearly enough 2027's around for all the people that seriously want them, and thats without idiots ruining them like this!!:wallbash:

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
my question is, how can we find out if it really is a 2027x? The neck could of came from a 2027x or the previous owner could of used any 7 string body and modded up.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused. He says the piezo is aftermarket and doesn't work. Sure looks like an RG2027X, but it might not be. If everything he says is true, it's not one.