RG2027 made to be a JP?!?!

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
that thing only went for $811!? holy fuck, whoever got that totally scored!:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
"This is a custom Ibanez guitar that has been modified to look like John Petrucci's custom 7-string"
and the guitar with JP in the picture has inlays and the one for sale doesn't. he's not trying to scam you, whats the big deal?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
JPMDan said:
The only thing is we need that serial number to confirm.

Doubtful. The serial number would tell you the year, but I'm 99% sure that there's no way to trace a serial to a particular model - Ibanez doesn't have a searchable serial number database or anything.

Pulling the neck and taking a look at the stamp in the neck pocket would probably go a long way towards answering your question, howver, provided it wasn't painted over.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
probably had a bidder back out or didnt get enough money for it. If you check his feedback he also sold 2 different JPM signature guitars.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
as long as the wires from the ssaddles in the piezo are intact, then it's fixable.

Also, i don't mind modified axes to be honest, looks like a semi decent job apart from the pickup selector, but hat's easily fixable I'd say, as it's probably just wired wrong.

besides, I think I am going to bastardise my 2027 with EMG's as i dislike mahogony :D

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind cutting up an RG2027XVV if Ibanez would make more of them. Stopping production was a black day in the history of seven string guitar mass production.