RG7420 High e string

• Thread starter Ramburger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ramburger

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am finding the high e string of my RG7420(Magenta Crush) to be really close to the edge of the neck. Is this normal or is it fixable in someway? The lower frets on the high e are ok but as you go higher the string gets closer and closer to the edge.
The hardware on the guitar is stock.

Here are some pictures of the issue.
http://i.imgur.com/phzWn72.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d5hkeJH.jpg

If more pics are needed let me know and I will be happy to provide them.

Barney

Reaction score
It can probably be fixed by loosening the neck, pulling it a bit to the other side (the headstock up towards the upper horn if you know what I mean) and then tightening the screws/bolts again. Wood moves/ can move over time and it's not a newborn guitar I guess.

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
I agree with what Barney said above, but I'd add to it to say you might be able to remove the neck, if it is bolt on, and shim it into the correct angle with a number of different things... paper, business card material, wood veneer, tin foil... etc. The shim would help lock it into correct position.

Next step past that, maybe consider replacing the neck if its warped...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
I have the same guitar, and as I do with all bolt-ons, I just loosen the bolts, pull the neck straight and retighten, just as suggested here. The strings run very close to the edges anyway, so there's not much room to adjust, but enough. Check the alignment with respect to the dot inlay. I see these all the time, Prestige or not :p