RG7420 w/ EMG 707's

• Thread starter LI3G3KILL3R
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wanted to get some outside opinions on whether or not I should get some EMG 707's installed in my '420. Would this be a smart move? Increase quality of sound? Its going to cost a little since the EMG's are a little bigger than the stock pickups.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm going to do that. I think it's a good idea.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
We might need a little more info to give you a good answer on that. The 707's will be better than the stock ones for sure. They'll cost more because they'll require extra routing, and just because they're more expensive pickups anyway. I think the real question is whether you want EMG pickups or something else. If you're familiar with EMG pickups, love how they sound, and don't mind spending the extra coin, then go for it! I'd go with some nice passives myself, but that's a matter of personal preference.

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
Yea I definitly love the sound of them. I just want give the guitar a little more clean cut sound to the low end. I already have the pickups (b-day gift) I just want to get a second opinion before someone rips my baby open. Thanks!