Rick Toone Stealth | Fabio Mittino

woland

Reaction score
Hi! I've designed a new guitar with Rick Toone (and now I will have to sell my previous one, a custom S2... so if somebody is interested check Reverb in the near future).
It feature all the ideas I came up with during the last seven years: a totally hollow body, made by two carbon fiber sheets, an armrest, "normal" tuning machines (no headless) and as light as possible.
Neck is 22 frets made of aluminum and can be easily detached to stow the guitar in a handbag. Very important for me, as I travel light on tour and I can fit everything in one trolley bag to take always with me.
The electronic part is made by Cycfi Research Inc.
It has three XR quadcoils pickups and one NU polyphonic pickup at the bridge. They are very hi-fi sounding, and they are perfect with my music style (I was using Q-Tuners on my other guitar, so I'm quite accustomed to this sound). If I plug a Lemo Cable, I can use the polyphonic NU. In this way I can process each strings in a different way... a lot of options, everything is still very new for me.
I made two videos.
On "Dance of Litha" I use the normal XR pickup at the bridge, and on the other one the NU pickup with a couple of Eventide VST plugins.
I use CGADEG tuning.
Hope you'll like it!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's interesting -- is the purpose of the lever only to act as an arm rest? I know your S2 also had a sort of levitated arm rest thing.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man that is awesome from here:

Toone-Cycfi-1024x768.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sighval

Reaction score
That "Dance of Litha" tone you've got going on reminds me a lot of King Crimson's ConstruKction of Light album.
An interesting guitar, that's for sure.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE this

Always thought that if I designed a guitar myself I'd have some sort of exaggerated armrest and you went and did exactly that!

woland

Reaction score
That's interesting -- is the purpose of the lever only to act as an arm rest? I know your S2 also had a sort of levitated arm rest thing.
Hi! Yes, it's just act as armrest. I find way more comfortable to have a pivot under my elbow instead of the angle between biceps and forearm!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That "Dance of Litha" tone you've got going on reminds me a lot of King Crimson's ConstruKction of Light album.
An interesting guitar, that's for sure.
Ha, I was thinking I Advance Masked!

Cool guitar, I've been wondering about that armrest thing for a while.