Riffs That Flatten Buildings

• Thread starter Cosmic Junglist
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flyingV

probably drunk
Reaction score

kataklysm has riffs crushing shit like tanks. This song is one of the reasons I got a seven string (eventhough they don´t use sevens but B standard tuning).

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score

When the drums kick in, oh boy. I almost shit myself.

theycallmetc

Reaction score
I don't know about flattening buildings per se, but pretty much every Pantera riff sounds like a frying pan in your face. With hot oil.

Otherwise, some Mastodon riffs sound pretty well, mastodontic.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
I like pretty much everything posted in this thread but I feel strongly that any "riff's that flatten buildings" posted that aren't Crowbar riffs fall pretty short.

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
This is some lovely riffage, easily best of the album imo.

old Mokoma riffs are huge and I love them so I'll post one too because.

Decapitated666

Black Metal
Reaction score
Ode to Physical Pain | Thou

Thou - Ode to Physical Pain. The riff is at 3:00. ....ing CRUSHING. Happy to say that I got to see them live in a shot out basement. They played all new songs from Heathen and basically deafened EVERYONE. The new album is absolutely superb. It's up for "name your price" on Bandcamp right now, so do the guys a favor and download the album and throw them a few bucks or order some merch or vinyl from them. They deserve it.

JoeuJGM

Reaction score
The riff just after 10:30 gets me everytime, one of the most headbanging riffs I've ever heard. Heck, the whole song/EP is just badass :hbang: