RIP Robin Williams :(

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
They f*ck with Robin and they f*ck with Zelda... what the shit?! That was really upsetting. I fail to understand why anyone would do this. Like Mike said, some times I wish the internet could f*ck itself.

SKoG

Reaction score
I just heard that Robin Williams' wife said Robin had been sober but struggling with depression and was in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease. It must have been a bleak time for him.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
You know, I thought I had seen the lowest the internet had to offer when I saw people berating an autistic kid with extreme amounts of profanity on youtube, but harassing the daughter of a world class actor after his suicide? I think the bar has been lowered.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
A part of my childhood died. You hear of celebrities passing away all the time, but this just kinda hit me. I haven't felt like this since I heard Dimebag died.

wat

Reaction score
cry1.gif

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I hadn't posted in here since there were like 3-5 threads on this and I wasn't sure which one the mods would let stay up. :lol:

But yeah, I grew up with Aladdin and countless of his other movies and it's like he became a permanent fixture in my household and life. Mrs. Doubtfire, Jack, Patch Adams, What Dreams May Come, and countless others were all movies that were played many times over the years. Even worse is that I ended up being diagnosed with chronic depression as well. Even if you're on the biggest pedestal in life, all it takes is one bad day and that would be the end of you. Depression is a nasty, all encompassing black hole that sucks all joy and happiness out of you and by the end, death seems like a walk in the park compared to living even one more second with feeling so awful. The closest thing anyone's imagined that compares to how depression works are dementors from the harry potter books.

I'm so sorry that depression claimed him, but knowing how depression works intimately, I'm proud of him for surviving for as long as he did. Many of us don't last nearly as long. The only way to help a person with this is to get professional help for them. No pep talk, no speech, no "tough love" in the world will ever be enough and in most cases, can make things worse.

I find it morbidly ironic that the man that helped me laugh myself out depressed episodes was the victim of depression. Fuck... :( :( :(