RIP Roger Corman

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

Living up until 98 is already an amazing run, but he's left behind an amazing legacy. One of the true tentpoles of Hollywood as we know it, be it the king of B-movies, or the guy that everyone we've ever associated with the New Hollywood movement; DeNiro, Spielberg, Scorsese or all of Hollywood as we know it, owes it all to Corman. RIP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Incredible film maker, his Edgar Allan Poe series of films in particular are still brilliant and genuinely disturbing even now

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn... I really admired his work ethic, learned about him through that one doc that was shot around the time he received his lifetime oscar and realized I saw a couple of his b-movies on vhs while high in my teens (grew up in germany so what are the chances).

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I knew something was up when this season's premier for The Last Drive-In had Roger Corman in like two segments, and he seemed to be "drowning" or "gasping/gulping" mentally. I tried to ignore it to enjoy the films that were shown (which isn't something they are doing this year for the most part; they are only doing one film). It sucks to see him go.

RIP Roger Corman, you paved the way for a lot of independent guys and carved a path that will be a guide for others to explore.