RIP strictly7?

• Thread starter oath5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any estimates on how many orders we're talking? I'm assuming the Excel file mentioned in the email should be a clue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeanSan

Reaction score
So I watched that video of his.

If he really was a "Nice" guy or whatever it was he was saying to bring himself up, I think he should have spent more time trying to fix all of his problems than making these videos trying to bring himself "up" again and try to make himself "valid" or something. (I can't find the right terms/expressions right now).

That being said, I'm interested in how many orders are left too! I hope all this goes well for those still waiting, and I kinda hope Jim can turn things around and make S7G work again in the long run, but that seems very unlikely now. :(

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
They're dumb RG copies with ugly head-stocks and amateur-hour branding and design. The guitars always looked like China wholesale guitars you could get off ebay for 100 bucks.

I mean sorry to guys that gave this scheister money but I've been sitting here the whole time like, why would you want a S7 in the first place?

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Not at all, actually. He's been making the same claims for over a year (again, including some of his now-deleted YT vids) telling people "things are rough, hang tight guys, I'll take care of you because I'm an honest person!", except now it's even so dire that his own employees have left him because it's been 2 months without pay (honestly shocked any if then stayed and worked for free for the jerk on promises of payment... :ugh:). That's usually not a position people are able to recover from, official "downward spiral to death of the business" has begun. :( He's already ignoring a large part of his customer base, that's step 1, add him publicly stating that he's broke and won't give any refunds - step 2, and finally even his own employees have ALL quit, including the ones who had stayed with him for years.

Sorry man, a long-winded email making promises that he plans to make good on all those orders means nothing, just like it didn't mean a thing when he made them months ago. Seriously, this is like "final nail in the coffin" bad for customers still waiting for guitars, unfortunately. :(

Dang :( I feel bad for you guys who are SOL. Between this and hearing horrors about even the Jackson CS, dealing with someone more reputable and consistent like Carvin makes much more sense.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean sorry to guys that gave this scheister money but I've been sitting here the whole time like, why would you want a S7 in the first place?

Probably due to the people/musicians that were "endorsed" by them talking them up.

And then there's the production strandberg thing, which i'm guessing had a LOT of interested people.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Probably due to the people/musicians that were "endorsed" by them talking them up.

And then there's the production strandberg thing, which i'm guessing had a LOT of interested people.

Which only drives the point home that you should research and get as much information possible before putting money down on something, not because someone looks cool on stage or on promos holding (x) guitar

Or learn to just build your own damn guitars like I'm sure you did :lol:

angry broke hipster rant over

Fenceclimber

Plays guitar, reads SSO
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can deny that they made some really cool-looking guitars, RG rip-offs or not.

Edge_Man

Reaction score
I didn't get the email, so if someone can pm the file would be great (want to check whether I'm listed or not).

Afro, I'm not going to send the spread sheet as it has customer names and other info. If you are missing a guitar contact Jim at his email address...

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
"I am not, will not, and/or cannot issue refunds so e-mails to that effect will be ignored. If you don’t want your guitar, just let me know via e-mail so I don’t waste time finishing it; but know what money you have paid thus far is gone."

Now taking bets as to when this jim dude is admitted to a mental hospital. I would go insane too if I was so far into debt with my home, unable to pay student loans for my tv college massage therapy classes (someone mentioned that was his job before so i just assume), and owed 500-4000$ to about 30-70 people.

The whole Namm thing kills me.

I almost want to fake trying to place an order to see if he would accept my money.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
He keeps saying he is honest and full of intergity, but what has he done to show that? How do we know that Jim. Because it seems a lot of customers don't know it.

Convictional

Starfish, Octopus
Reaction score
Reading this thread is depressing. Every once in a while you see these new luthieries pop up that get in over their head and a bunch of people get screwed. The problem is that it will keep happening in the future and there is always someone who will get burned.

It's really discouraging to people who are thinking of ordering customs. :wallbash: It feels like you can do next to nothing to prevent yourself from being screwed so it requires way more trust than should be given to a stranger imo :noplease:

It seems like the best option is to just move to Australia :lol:

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Reading this thread is depressing. Every once in a while you see these new luthieries pop up that get in over their head and a bunch of people get screwed. The problem is that it will keep happening in the future and there is always someone who will get burned.

It's really discouraging to people who are thinking of ordering customs. :wallbash: It feels like you can do next to nothing to prevent yourself from being screwed so it requires way more trust than should be given to a stranger imo :noplease:

It seems like the best option is to just move to Australia :lol:

Atleast youd have Orsmby down there, they seem pretty awesome :yesway:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can deny that they made some really cool-looking guitars, RG rip-offs or not.

Sure, if you like pointier RGs, which aren't my thing. I like rounder guitars. Otherwise, as said before, they were just standard RG clones, with fatter KxK headstocks.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

You know who does some really sick RG stuff though? Ibanez. And they don't document their descent into madness on youtube! :)

Fenceclimber

Plays guitar, reads SSO
Reaction score
^ Sure but they don't have a public custom shop either so customization is pretty limited.