Rob Zombie's The Munsters

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I like Rob's movies. They are cut from the mold of the 70s and 80s late night slasher flicks that I've always dug growing up. I am stoked to see what he will do with The Munsters especially giving the rating.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Herman's goofy post-door-smash face is a little *too* goofy. Herman was more a quasi-expressionist, not an over-the-top dude at all. Grandpa's mustache annoys the fuck out of me for some reason. And Rob's wife annoys me by her mere presence.

Yup. Looks like a Hollywood modern day remake of a classic.

I'll watch it. I mean, I'm sure there's enough edibles in the world somewhere to make it tolerable.

On the bright side, every time I hear any version of that theme I remember Believer busting it out mid-song while I was in the pit, so, ya know, nostalgia pangs.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved the Munsters as a kid. I've enjoyed a few of Zombie's films. From the look of it, I'm probably going to end up loathing this if I watch it. I hope I'm either wrong or never find out.

Cassandra Petersen as not-Elvira does get my attention, though. But seeing anyone other than Fred Gwynne as Herman is probably going to just piss me off. He was so iconic in all four of the roles for which I remember him: Officer Muldoon, Herman Munster, Judge Haller, and Jud from Pet Cemetery. Literally some pretty big shoes to fill.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
The various trailers I've seen past the teaser all look like shitfests. The Munsters were funny because they played most things so straight. This is cartoon-cringe at its worst.

I didn't have high expectations considering who's in charge, but I expected something better than this. If you can't even get a trailer that doesn't suck the life out of the room? Fail.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yep that's pretty corny looking, too bad. The original was always super entertaining, I loved watching reruns of that and the Addams Family as a kid.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Was this entire movie filmed against a green screen?

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was this entire movie filmed against a green screen?
This is what I hate about movies these days is that it’s all green screens… and it just put you in this I’ve been here before situation where your like I have already seen this. So I just can’t do movies anymore the only movies I watch her stuff from the 90s