Roger Waters rerecording of Dark Side of the Moon October 6 - Drops single "Money"

• Thread starter CTID
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
...and it's dogshit imo.

I used search and didn't see any discussion of this and wanted to see what anyone else thought. imo this is an actual insane thing to try to do in the first place, and to just do spoken word the entire time is even more baffling.

anyway check it out and post your thoughts:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a vibe? I guess?

That's really the best I can do after listening to it. Maybe he was going for a Tom Waits vibe.

I do agree it's insane though I'm sure he'll cash out from it.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
God I just cant stand him anyway and this is the next old bag of bones who just cant keep his shit together and just leave his glorified work alone because money.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Pink Floyd has been my favorite band of all time since I was 10 years old and I love Roger but this fucking sucks.

Without Rick and David, Roger constantly leans on boring ass adult contemporary instrumentation. He’s so committed to proving that his song writing was the only part of classic Floyd that mattered that he’s hampered the last 40 years of his solo career with this crap (Amused to Death being the one exception where it works, and that album does rule.)

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Money was never a big draw for me, but it fits well within the context of a whole-album listen. I'll reserve judgement on this individual track until we know if the whole rest of the album sounds just like it, or if it's a stand-out moody interlude amongst the rest of the album

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
There are three David Gilmore solos missing.

And if he was going for that style of vocals he should have just hired Till Lindemann.

Marked Man

Reaction score
It's a vibe? I guess?

That's really the best I can do after listening to it. Maybe he was going for a Tom Waits vibe.

I do agree it's insane though I'm sure he'll cash out from it.

Maybe Roger is LARPing as a beatnik lounge singer?

🤔

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've definitely lost respect for Floyd because of the constant public bickering. Regardless of talent, this guy seems to have the mentality of your average internet wastrel who can't just let something go and move on. It's a lesson for us all.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I've definitely lost respect for Floyd because of the constant public bickering. Regardless of talent, this guy seems to have the mentality of your average internet wastrel who can't just let something go and move on. It's a lesson for us all.

And Roger has been this way for over 50 YEARS. After Syd burned out, Roger became the effective leader of the band, and he definitely knew it. But he was never the band, the band was.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
And Roger has been this way for over 50 YEARS. After Syd burned out, Roger became the effective leader of the band, and he definitely knew it. But he was never the band, the band was.

Indeed. Listening to all their solo material, the demos and the post-Waters Floyd it’s very apparent that those 4 guys created that sound. That said, no one tried recreating Waters’ sound/writing on their solo albums, but Waters sure as shit came right out of the gate with Pros And Cons, using actual Floyd guitar parts and guitar tones that are very, very Gilmour-centric. I wonder how that went down in the studio…”Eric, mate, I know you’re Clapton Is God and all, but I’m Roger Waters and you need to make that sound a bit more like Dave, here’s a Big Muff and an Electric Mistress”

Rogers early Floyd demos sound nothing like Floyd, they’re more folk/blues. The only real Floyd association they have is Waters‘ voice because he’s got like 2 different voices; low and brooding, scathing, desperate lunatic.

What’s funny is that some of it actually sounds similar to stuff on The Division Bell and had he not been such a twat they probably could have found a lot of familiar writing ground.