Rokit5's yay or nay?

• Thread starter bob123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
6s... :hbang:
I've tried quite a lot monitor systems at the store of my local dealer and also compared the RP5, RP6 and RP8 series.
In the end I bought two RP6 -> a very good monitor for the money and maybe the best cost-perfomance ratio atm.

I only noticed that I had to adjust the high frequencies (which can easily be done at the back) of the monitors, because my first mixes seemed to be a little bit too thin.

Reaction score
Almost everyone I've asked who mixes professionally has said Rokits are glorified computer speakers. The Yamaha Hs80Ms or whatever they are is what I keep getting told to buy as well as Adam A7's.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Adam A7s are more than three times the price of the RP6... :nuts:
However, the Yamaha Hs80Ms could be worth a try even if they are almost twice the price.

"Glorified computer speakers"... But good speakers for the money and a good starting point for producing!

If you have some money available you may also look for Genelec speakers. But they are also very pricey.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
MF/GC has the 6's on sale all the time... you could buy a set for the same cost as the 5's. I paid around $200 for my set.