Rust problems !!! arggh !!!

• Thread starter celebro95
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celebro95

Reaction score
HI.
when i use my Ibby Universe UV777 i deeply clean the trem, strings, etc etc.
but, if i do not use the guitar in the next 3 or 4 days, the saddles and the screws get a bit of rust... im getting tired of it :scratch:

what product can i use to prevent that ??? ive tried

WD40
Gun Oil
Turbine Oil
Silicone Grease

and this keep going :mad:
i'll go to a machine shop and will try to get the screws in "stain-less steel"
my ibby is 06, so the trem is EdgePro 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

orakle

djentleman
Reaction score
ok as dumb as it can seem, i use a syringe loaded with engine oil and inject very very few where i think it can rust and then wipe it off 3-4 hours later

the oil penetrates the metal and prevents corrosion for a certain time

works very very well for me, my 2006 jackson still has 0 rust, and i have very sweaty and acidic hands

hope it works for you !

wlfers

Reaction score
What kind of gun oil? WD40 btw does not remove rust that has already formed.

a little CLP is great for rust and some 0000 steel wool, but if the rust has penetrated too deep into the metal there's really no salvaging it unless you do some electrolytic rust removal (BUT i really doubt this is the case).

edit: oil coating only prevents rust, it will not help remove

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
if its black finished hardware, do this. clean it with .0000 steel wool or a wire brush. then color it with a black sharpie. after about a minute of drying. paint it with clear fingernail polish (dont paint threads, just heads). this will make the sharpie shiny and look like hardened paint. it will also seal it and keep it from rusting or wearing off the black.

if its cosmo,chrome, or worn. use 3 in 1 oil.

Neogospel

Reaction score
You can get rid of the rust, but it will eventually come back, get what you can in SS, and coat the other parts

Latest posts