Schecter 8 question

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
u could get an ibanez RG2228 (28" scale, obviously) but i hear they're bridges are shitty and break on people all the time. IT's also a bolt on neck, which means it has a nice sleek unfinished maple neck, but the sustain won't be quite as good as on a neck-thru design, which u can find on an AGILE. If your not afraid to shell out a lot of money, i'd suggest an RG2228, but just be careful with that bridge.

Now if u want to save money, seriously consider an agile! $800-$900 for an incredible quality guitar that if it were sold at guitar center would easily be worth 1500. You could get an Intrepid, a Septor, an interceptor, or a multi-scale. And they are just beautiful guitars:bowdown:

I'm just curious as to why you don't want one
Alot of that was rubbish tbh. Ibanez 8's have 27" scales. The bridges on the 2228's are made of a relatively weak metal, but I've only heared of two breaking. The RGA8 was the model with most of the problems. Also, bolt on =/= less sustain. The Ibanez will be much higher quality. Also agiles QC is not meant to be greatest.

Also, from what I've heared, there's NOTHING WRONG WITH A 26.5 SCALE. Just ask Explorer, he runs 3 25.5 LTD's, and chose them over his 28" agile. RockerAlex has decided not to listen to this though and blames his guitars faults on the scale. Although a longer scale will mean better tension, it is not neccesarry. It's just preferance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
That's strange, my Damien Elite 8 is in F atm and sounds perfectly fine. It's amazing what setting your instrument up properly in the first place does.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
i use a damien elite 8 and i have it tuned to drop D#/Eb with a 80 and its fine the intonation is perfectly fine as well.

RockerAlex

Reaction score
So little 8 strings on the market right now ... and imo, they all have a design flaw.

Latest posts