Schecter Banshee Elite 7 VS Agile Custom

OoberDj0nt

Reaction score
Basically what the title says. The banshee is 1k and the agile is 1.2k. The agile is multiscale, gold hardware, 7 strings, SS frets, fixed bridge, flamed maple top with black bindings. Pickups are aftermaths. Not looking for a, "Buy what you want" answer, because i want both of them. I just want to know which has better value for the money. Will give information as needed.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I'd say banshee, especially if it's the banshee elite. Those are really great guitars imo.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of experience with Agile as they are a pain to get in Canada, I do however have a Banshee Elite 8 and it is killer, neck is amazing, luminlay dots, hipshot hardware, and solid fit and finish. Post a pic of the specific agile though, but I cant say enough good things about the neck on the Schecter, matte finish super comfy killer access.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
The BKP's and multi-scale are cool but I think you're likely going to get a better quality instrument in the Schecter.

OoberDj0nt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think ive decided to save up for the schecter, but still comment because i wont be getting it until maybe october or so.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I've owned (and currently own a few) Schecters, and I've owned a bunch of agiles. (one of which was a custom) I'd personally take the agile since it has much more unique specs. Most issues people have with them can be worked out by a tech, or yourself. Worst case scenario, unless the policy is different to what I remember, if you get a dud you can return it and use the money for the Schecter.

In the end it's up to you. I doubt youd regret either though.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
100% get the Scherrer. My one and only Agile was a real dud. My Banshee Elite is amazing.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
If you don't have the option to try either out before you buy, I'd say definitely go with the Schecter.

Those Banshee Elites look amazing, are spec'd out nice, and they seem to be pretty highly regarded. I know a lot of people really love their Agiles, but with their rep for hit or miss quality, I wouldn't want to buy a new guitar only to have to take it to a tech for some major work to be done. But that's just me.

Go with Schecter.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I'm the other way around.
I would take a custom Agile over a schecter any day.

tupesaku

Reaction score
Can't say anything about the Agile, but found a good deal on a Banshee Elite 7 a few weeks ago and it is awesome! Love the specs and the quality is great too...definately worth a try

And the pickups seem really good too...think I won't be swapping them for anything else.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Spending over 1000 for an agile seems crazy to me. That's a 300 dollar guitar with options.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Spending over 1000 for an agile seems crazy to me. That's a 300 dollar guitar with options.
Mine was about $600 but, If you put it in my hands and told me it was a $1000 guitar I would believe you.

ToneLab

Bedroom Playa
Reaction score
I had a Banshee, loved it, sold it - don't know why - re-bought one recently and so glad I did. Plays so well and sounds on par with anything else I've ever owned regardless of price.