Schecter Endorsement

• Thread starter Varkatzas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
From what I read ibanez is extremely difficult to get them to even acknowledge you and if you do manage to get an endorsement the deal is shitty until your at a certain level.

I know someone who got a deal with the release of their first album and got two CS RGs. :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
If I was a touring musician I'd probably take up anyone who gave me freebies and don't make absolute crap. A couple of freebies could = a couple of grand in saved cash after all.

But I'm just a bedroom wanker who wants FREE GEAR! :p

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
You should really play the guitars that YOU like the most. Even if Schecter will give you two free, and Ibanez will give you only 45% off, if you prefer Ibanez, play them. Unless of course you dont really care at all about how guitars feel, but I know personally if I was given a choice between Carvin and like Gibson or a company that gives me a free guitar thats worth $7000, I would still choose Carvin for an endorsment, cause thats what all my gear is and I love how they feel over Gibson or Ibanez or Schecter.

Im really meticulous about my guitars though, I cant play normal ibanez's anymore either, it'd have to be a LACS or J-custom for me to go on tour with any of them.

Of course if you dont care about what you're playing and just want free guitars, I guess it can work. I'd take two of the 007's personally. Maybe a Loomis.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
You make a lot of good points.

Though, I'm not loyal to anything other than playability and tone. Those should be the real reasons to use gear. Not just because you got a couple of freebies.

That's the only reason I wouldn't go after a schecter, I can't stand the necks, so even if they're free, I'd end up hating them. Now if they were free and I didn't have to play them exclusively, then that's a different story, but I'd hate to be stuck with something I didn't like.

Varkatzas

Reaction score
nah, I play guitar in Rose Funeral, I'm sure at some point when I was on a break from being in the band, our bands played together.
Ah yeah. I was pretty tight with Ryan Neff for awhile and I know he used to be in RF.

Yeah I figure worse comes to worse if I really can't handle the Schecters, I'll sell em and just use one of my other guitar players Schecters for when we play in front of a Schecter rep haha

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
With my EMG endorsement deal I dont have to use EMGs live. There just wont be a mutual basis to renew my endorsement when the 2 years is up If I use something else live. My bassist is also endorsed by EMG but doesnt use em live. He still gets em for free. I told him, dont expect to get your endorsement renewed. Im wondering if thats how it works with Schecter? If you use Schecters live then your endorsement will gain momentum, if you dont then it will die off. Of course, if they dont have a rep or something at the show they wont ever know. Id say if your comfortorable with the guitar, play it live, being endorsed is sweet! Plus, if you guys blow up then they will make you a custom for sure. Especially since you were a loyal player.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Hell, I'd love to be endorsed by Schecter. Both of my gigging basses are Schecters and are very solid, excellent-sounding and playing instruments.

I wouldn't say no to an Ibanez Prestige SR (or, hell, a SR600 and SR605) but it's hard to beat my Schecters for good solid value for money, excellent neutral and clear tone, and totally solid construction and tuning regardless of stage temperature or conditions.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I take back what I said about Ibanez then but man it should mean more to them to have a touring band play their guitars. If you ask me its bad business sense of them. You know, the only company with a production model guitar worth playing is Schecter though. They are extended scale and are solid guitars with set necks. You did well. Definitely congrats. I still say do what you originally planned and get the ATX in each color. Ive played both, they are the best production 7 string out there for metal.

set necks aren't necessarily a good thing for touring, a bolt on would be better if something happened to the guitar and you might need a replacement body or neck

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
The big difference between Schecter and ibanez is ibby already have an established market foothold and don't need a bunch of no-name bands who want free guitars selling their product when they've already got the market covered. They don't need us, so why bother? A company that big isn't going to be big on answering the countless emails per day they get about it.

Congrats on the endorsement dude. I give you two years til you come back to Ibanez. :D

This. Even if Ibanez did offer you a 45% discount, what Stitch said is true. Like someone else mentioned, one of their friends got a deal for 2 custom shop RGs before their album was recorded, its all about your potential.

Would McLaren-Mercedes have picked Lewis Hamilton if they didn't think he could win them the Grand Prix? Big names don't need to take on anyone but the biggest talents. Its a tough reality, but at least you got a deal from someone, consider the hundreds of bands out there who can't get an endorsement deal from any company a tall.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I take back what I said about Ibanez then but man it should mean more to them to have a touring band play their guitars. If you ask me its bad business sense of them. You know, the only company with a production model guitar worth playing is Schecter though. They are extended scale and are solid guitars with set necks. You did well. Definitely congrats. I still say do what you originally planned and get the ATX in each color. Ive played both, they are the best production 7 string out there for metal.

Opinion =/= fact. :)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on the endorsement :) I'll check out your band! once I see a link, i dont see a signature..

matty2fatty

Reaction score
Congrats! You guys sound really good, your tone is much clearer than a lot of the other deathcore acts around, and any song with a chick moaning over a breakdown gets two thumbs up in my book!

Vstro

Reaction score
With my EMG endorsement deal I dont have to use EMGs live. There just wont be a mutual basis to renew my endorsement when the 2 years is up If I use something else live. My bassist is also endorsed by EMG but doesnt use em live. He still gets em for free. I told him, dont expect to get your endorsement renewed. Im wondering if thats how it works with Schecter? If you use Schecters live then your endorsement will gain momentum, if you dont then it will die off. Of course, if they dont have a rep or something at the show they wont ever know. Id say if your comfortorable with the guitar, play it live, being endorsed is sweet! Plus, if you guys blow up then they will make you a custom for sure. Especially since you were a loyal player.

That's all based on what kind of contract you sign. Every company and contract is different.

As far as Ibby.. Yeah the lower level endorsements are only getting a percentage off of a standard production guitar, but they do have the LACS go over the guitar before they send it out. They went over my Apex II and it plays amazing.

Oh and congrats Jake! You guys have to get some full US tours and head over here!

Varkatzas

Reaction score
how did you get endorsed?
Our management company (The Artery Foundation) did it all for us.

Congrats! You guys sound really good, your tone is much clearer than a lot of the other deathcore acts around, and any song with a chick moaning over a breakdown gets two thumbs up in my book!
Haha thanks man :)

That's all based on what kind of contract you sign. Every company and contract is different.

As far as Ibby.. Yeah the lower level endorsements are only getting a percentage off of a standard production guitar, but they do have the LACS go over the guitar before they send it out. They went over my Apex II and it plays amazing.

Oh and congrats Jake! You guys have to get some full US tours and head over here!
Soon :) we are heading out with The Red Chord, Mychildren Mybride and Iwrestledabearonce in January/February haha

I_infect

Reaction score
Schecter is a great company. I needed a cover plate for an older Schecter devil tribal I picked up used; I inquired, they sent me one no charge. I recently needed a new nut on my hellraiser 7, again, no questions asked(other than the serial#) they sent me one out. Neither were under warranty as both were used guitars. I am not endorsed by them nor employed by them, and I have played/owned a bunch of different brands. Schecter would be the only company I would seek an endorsement from, for the personal attention and consistency in quality. The necks are an acquired taste at times, but if they gave me an everday joe guitar player that kind of attention, I can only imagine what an endorsement would be like.
As far as the guitars themselves, i love the ATX, and would grab those 2. The Blackouts are just better pickups for high gain vs. 707tw's in the Hellraisers.

and of course, congrats on the endorsement!:yesway: