Schecter Jeff Loomis Hardtail Vs. Esp Ltd Hex 7

• Thread starter BlackWinds10
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which Guitar To Get

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
So ive been looking at these two guitars and wondering which one i should get. I play alot of extreme metal and need a metal guitar thats pretty straight forward and has the better quality. So which guitar do you think i should get as i have never tried either, but just looking at both guitars in pictures that both theyre quality is pretty good. So Opinions in the reply thread is appreciated or just simply vote in the poll. Thank You.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
in terms of build quality, they should be very similar, as LTD and the Schecter Diamond Series are made in the same factory, or at least they used to be...the real question is if you want the tone of ash or the maple neck-thru with mahogany wings...and if you're not dead set on a sig model, you could check out the Schecter Hellraiser or ATX lines, then with LTD, they've got the SC-607B if you want an extended scale, or the Viper and M models at the 400 levels

all those guitars have EMGs or Blackouts, which should be perfectly suitable for extreme metal...but honestly, i'd really suggest going and trying out any of those you can get your hands on, the way it feels to you is always gonna be one of the most important aspects of getting a new guitar

if it weren't for the obnoxious inlay and logo print though, i'd go with the Hex-7, just because i like V shapes

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
The Loomis I can say is a great guitar and the fact it is $1k with everything quality is a plus. And the String Thru Loomis is even less cash.

I have had my Loomis since they first came out. I had to return the first one [one of the very early production] for warranty as I had one that the outside strings would fall off the fret board if you looked at them hard, let alone actually touch them lol. Schecter was perfect with their coustomer service. They shipped me a new Loomis, set-up perfectly, before they even got mine back. Total like 3 days from call to having the new guitar in hand. I still have that one.

If you have not played a V shape before for any time you really need to try one for sure. They are not for everyone, the way they feel I mean. I would assume the ESP is of similar build quality. Also check out the upper fret access. Weird as it seems a lot of V's upper fret access suck ha. I looked at the V your talking about at DCGL when they first came out and I forget how the access was?

Voting Loomis as the string thru [what you want?] is at least $200 less than the ESP and Original Floyd Loomis. I like the Loomis controls locations better too.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
in terms of build quality, they should be very similar, as LTD and the Schecter Diamond Series are made in the same factory, or at least they used to be...the real question is if you want the tone of ash or the maple neck-thru with mahogany wings...and if you're not dead set on a sig model, you could check out the Schecter Hellraiser or ATX lines, then with LTD, they've got the SC-607B if you want an extended scale, or the Viper and M models at the 400 levels

all those guitars have EMGs or Blackouts, which should be perfectly suitable for extreme metal...but honestly, i'd really suggest going and trying out any of those you can get your hands on, the way it feels to you is always gonna be one of the most important aspects of getting a new guitar

if it weren't for the obnoxious inlay and logo print though, i'd go with the Hex-7, just because i like V shapes

Having played one today, the inlay isn't that bad in person, neither is the logo print.

thanks for the poll votes i guess the hex 7 wins

:agreed: As I said above, I played one earlier today and it was awesome. If I had a grand, I would have come home with a new guit and an NGD thread. And I'm not even that big on V shapes. The neck is awesome on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.