Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

landmvrks

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The 2 schecters definitely blow the ibanez out of the water IMO. I'm not a fan of the fusion edge pick ups at all. Probably the worst sounding dimarzio's to me. Between the other 2 models I'd say if you are able to get your hands on a km7 artist for 1000 that's the way to go. The Merrow fishman pick ups to me at least are a much more versatile set than the moderns found in the sls.

Any other reason besides the pickups? Honestly I'll probably swap them out for BKP Impulses anyway no matter what model I go with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alexlopez

Reaction score
Any other reason besides the pickups? Honestly I'll probably swap them out for BKP Impulses anyway no matter what model I go with.
Either if your choices are good, specially given the pickups aren’t your biggest concern.
When it’s time to sell, prestige guitars I’ve managed to sell much faster than the artist KM7s I’ve owned.
fit and finish is usually a lot ñ better on the prestige stuff too.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some of it is also me being more familiar with playing Schecter stuff, so I'm use to the neck profiles. Plus the versatility on the Merrow model with the 3 voicings was something I was thinking of as well. I have very little experience playing Ibanez, though I REALLY would like to try a couple of their instruments, especially an RGA model. If you are swapping pick ups then it would be a toss up and I would say go with whichever one you vibe the best with.

landmvrks

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some of it is also me being more familiar with playing Schecter stuff, so I'm use to the neck profiles. Plus the versatility on the Merrow model with the 3 voicings was something I was thinking of as well. I have very little experience playing Ibanez, though I REALLY would like to try a couple of their instruments, especially an RGA model. If you are swapping pick ups then it would be a toss up and I would say go with whichever one you vibe the best with.

I ended up with the Ibanez Prestige for $700. At the end of the day I'll have an Ibanez Prestige with BKP Impulses (once they arrive) for just over $1000, seems like a steal and I shouldn't have any issues reselling for what I paid. The neck feels and plays so damn nice.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I ended up with the Ibanez Prestige for $700. At the end of the day I'll have an Ibanez Prestige with BKP Impulses (once they arrive) for just over $1000, seems like a steal and I shouldn't have any issues reselling for what I paid. The neck feels and plays so damn nice.
Yeah I would say that is one hell of a deal. Enjoy it for sure.

Zado

Reaction score
I'll leave this here
Screenshot-20210124-204056-com-instagram-android.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
If they make a USA version of that ( 7 strings and Floyd) I'll at least need to try it out at Guitar Center or someplace.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question... Would the Schecter Custom shop let you do a customized version of a Merrow?
I want a 26.5" or 27" scale 6 string artist in seafoam green.

They probably would. You would be waiting for it, and most definitely PAYING for it... Can't imagine that would be a cheap job.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Probably right on both counts

It doesn't seem like it would be as its just a small variation on an existing model but maybe it would be a Masterworks or whatever build and default to $$$$ tier.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to setup a KM7 like an 8-string without the high E? Lowest string tuned to F#.

Keith has - Nightmarer play in F and F# standard, I believe Keith was using a custom gauge .076 EB Cobalt for the F/F#.

Latest posts