Schecter necks beating Ibanez thinness?

• Thread starter Epyon6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Epyon6

Reaction score
I'll need to get a caliper to check for sure, but comparing my '09 Hellraiser C7 with a 2014 one they seem to feel pretty damn close if not the same. I don't think that profile has changed in a while, at least.

From what I remember when I used my vernier caliper I measured 22mm or 23mm, I forget, and I dont have a Hellraiser anymore to measure. But when I played my old hellraiser I remember it being a little too fat for my liking but that C8 I tried felt thinner then even my old 7 string from what I remember anyways.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Guess I'm not playing Schecter. Sigh. I liked my old one but this obsession with dangerously thin necks has got to stop. It doesn't help you play faster if you're actually any good at the instrument, it doesn't sound good, and it's not stable.

I'm pretty sure Schecter knows what they're doing :lol:

lettmusic

Reaction score
this obsession with thin necks, would it be similar to liking skinny chicks?
I personally like mine with a bit of meat on them, but i do like my necks thin, lol