Scott Grove, the rude guitar guy. Legit? or has the internet just got to him.

• Thread starter Quantumface
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I'm not going to watch a 16 min video of a random boring guy talking...can you explain what this is about?

Quantumface

Reaction score
I'm not going to watch a 16 min video of a random boring guy talking...can you explain what this is about?

He makes a lot of videos/lessons on the internet. He comes off as an elitist douche most of the time, blocks you if you express a different opinion even in a nice way and says things like "dislike this video if you like to suck cock" etc. Well in this video he says he has severe brain disabilities which explain his anger, and claims he doesnt remember making a single one of his 460 youtube videos because of short term memory loss among other things. Just thought it was interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I watched his video about agiles and one about tonewood the other day. In it, he claimed that his working with guitars (not sure what) has made him millions of dollars. Then he delivered a rant that addressed viewers as "dumb motherfuckers" and "retards" once every minute.

I'm guessing he's full of shit since he has trouble forming a coherent sentence, let alone backing up any of the claims he makes.

TheGrimRiffer

Reaction score
Haha I actually got into a minor argument with this guy over one of his videos. He made a video about a Gibson Melody Maker that was one of if not the most biased, hateful, and elitist guitar reviews I've ever seen, and I called him on it. I respectfully told him that that's not the correct way to review a guitar and he told me to "eat cock" or something to that effect.

I honestly don't know what to think about his claims toward having had multiple strokes, because I've encountered people who've suffered strokes in my life and they generally have a lot less on the ball than even he does. So yeah...whatever his deal is, he's still a douche.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Here is the video I'm sure will offend everyone on the board by slandering the mighty Agile.

:lol: It's worth a watch.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
"I've been left with brain damage.....can you tell?"

Fuck yeah we can tell. Still no excuse to be an elitist douche. I don't believe for one second he was unable to control himself and doesn't remember being such an asshole. This guy has serious issues.

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing he doesn't remember making any of his hateful comments or misinformed videos when he claims in the Rondo review that he has "worked on a couple hundred, and they're all shit guitars." They might not be the highest quality, but they're far from even being close to shit guitars.
How does he remember how the couple hundred Agiles played if he has short term memory loss? Also who the hell says Agg-ile? :mad:

Even if he has some form of brain damage, that's no excuse for being one of the most elitist douchey guitar reviewers alive, and the whole "no memory of earlier videos" thing seems pretty shaky. He seems to have a pretty good memory when he's telling us how horrible x guitar brand is.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
I could care less what this guy says on youtube but I think it's great that you guys are willing to take the bait and boost his video views even more. People like this dude THRIVE and FEED on the attention. Whether it is positive or negative....he is getting something from people reacting. The internet, especially youtube, is very powerful in this respect. Honestly, who cares if he thinks your favorite guitar is shit, if it plays well for you and suits your personal needs?

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I could care less what this guy says on youtube but I think it's great that you guys are willing to take the bait and boost his video views even more. People like this dude THRIVE and FEED on the attention. Whether it is positive or negative....he is getting something from people reacting. The internet, especially youtube, is very powerful in this respect. Honestly, who cares if he thinks your favorite guitar is shit, if it plays well for you and suits your personal needs?

This, exactly this. This goes beyond this topic and youtube too.

The internet has manifested 2 things in a lot of people:

1: A vote of confidence in the notion of freedom that they can voice their opinion as much and as loud as they want to the entire world, and that nobody under the heavens can rebuke them.

2: Those who are no longer able to develop a thick skin as a result of reading cold emotionless text on their computer screen or listening to the loud opinions of the former, and then allowing their mind to consume them as negative attacks towards themselves.

Seriously, the kind of youtube comments out there make it worse than 4chan.

The best way to deal with this: Cold Silence. It is both golden and violent. Like any other troll, you do not give them the time of day. And as tempting as it is for most, do not respond. Leave them alone and don't give them the attention they desperately crave. It'll be hard when there are others who fall in the troll's trap, but at least you win the satisfaction of being the better person.

Also, by reading the topic title, I didn't even bother watching the vid. I don't need to help him boost his view count. :lol:

Amonihil

Lurker
Reaction score
From the Agile video: "If you don´t have anything nice to say, then just shut the fuck up."
The irony is killing me:lol:

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
I just posted the agile vid a few days ago, and the one about his "wood doesnt affect tone" crap
the guy is a total tool

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
As I posted in the other thread, I don't give a fuck what anyone says about Agile, I love both of mine and I will keep playing them.

guitarman6

Reaction score
i had a neighborhood kid bought scott grove lessons and said it was no help at all, scott claims he doesnt study scales, and scales are useless,,,,scott must be a joke..and he brags how much money and how many guitars he has....a guy with one guitar can smoke his ass....

flint757

Reaction score
You do know that once you get a certain amount of views google cuts you a check. Congrats on everyone funding part of his existence. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.