Scott Ian must be huffing his scalp polish...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
That could be pretty cool. Taylor's singing on the Stone Sour stuff is awesome, imo.

:agreed: I like Corey's vocals

At least anthrax are not trying to recreate Among the Living on every album

(OH and John Bush + Anthrax = WIN - I'm not saying he is better than Joey - just different and (imo) equallly as good)

I'm not sure about your logic on this one. Take, for example, an awesome band (Black Sabbath) teaming up with an awesome singer (Ian Gillan from Deep Purple) for a decidedly un-awesome foul blasphemous album that shall remain nameless here.

eww god i forgot that album

+1 Dave :lol:

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Just so everyone can see what we're talking about:

blacksabbathborn2qj.jpg

If a BM band like Burzum or Mayhem had put this on a sleeve it would have been copied remorselessly and regarded as kvlt.

Personally I think it's all-consuming naffness brings it a certain je ne sais quoi.

It's recurring nightmare qualities help offset the fact that the music on that album is pretty forgettable.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
John Bush = :yesway:
Joey Belladonna = :noway: (wtf are you guys smoking? :squint: )

Corey Taylor = :yesway: but not in Anthrax.

We've Come For You All, SOWN, and that album with the naked indian & the ball of garbage on the cover are all great albums. Volume 8, yeah, it sucked.

I :wub: Vince.

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
Corey is a bad ass vocalist...and as far as slipknot...they're really not a bad band at all. Hell, I would honestly say they helped bring hard music back in a good way. Got rid of some of the emo crap that was coming out.

I think this might be a decent project. I'd definately at least check em out.

thedownside

Reaction score
i just cant see the project happening in anyway other than an album release and a few shows, atleast for some time. corey is too busy i'd say with stone sour blowing up, and he has to start on the new slipknot album this winter

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
John Bush = :yesway:
Joey Belladonna = :noway: (wtf are you guys smoking? :squint: )

Corey Taylor = :yesway: but not in Anthrax.

We've Come For You All, SOWN, and that album with the naked indian & the ball of garbage on the cover are all great albums. Volume 8, yeah, it sucked.

Belly Of The Beast > *

Anthrax is over now, IMO.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I thought We've Come For You All was a really strong album and it seemed to be building a lot of momentum for the band, so the reunion tour seemed like a really stupid idea to me as it left them dead in the water once again. Then I started hearing about how much acrimony there was between the guys on the tour and the guys who were left behind, and all sorts of accusations. Anthrax dicked around so much for years and now have nothing to show for it. They don't have their old singer or their replacement, and they're missing a guitarist (Rob Caggiano didn't seem very happy with anyone, and no-one's even addressed what's happening with Dan Spitz). The fact that this will probably be a one-off collaboration makes it even worse in a lot of ways, as it seems even more like someone said "Y'know who'd give us cred with the kids? That Slipknot dude!" rather than legitimately looking for a new singer. I'll listen to whatever they come up with, but I'd be shocked if I actually like it.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I've never liked anything I've ever heard from Anthrax (I saw them live last year and wasn't impressed at all...). Of the original 4 thrash bands (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer), Anthrax is the only one that I've never liked. The main reason would be the singers they've had. So, Anthrax with Corey Taylor has more of a chance of being cool to me than Anthrax with any of their previous vocalists.

Hey, it's our language!

:lol:

It's our language too. You can't monopolize a language and then suddenly claim that you are the only country with rights on a language. That's like Mexico saying, "You know? It's weird how you guys talk with a lisp all the time" and then Spain saying, "Hey, this is our language. What are all you people in central and south America doing speaking our language?!" You have to realize that even if a language was created in a certain location, people are born with their own language which gives no country more authority over that language than another. An Australian community college part-time assistant teacher has just as much authority as some Oxford English professor. :nono:

Thank you.

The above is an excerpt from the 1973 book, "Why Britain's Pompous Attitude Regarding The English Language Will Not Be Tolerated Any Longer" by Andrew Wilmheim (all rights reserved).

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
The above is an excerpt from the 1973 book, "Why Britain's Pompous Attitude Regarding The English Language Will Not Be Tolerated Any Longer" by Andrew Wilmheim (all rights reserved).

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick. I agree with the sentiments of your post - language is nothing without dialect, accent and colloquialism - but I am not sure that we are "born with a language".

My post, by the way, was a quote from a book I'm writing called "Putting a LOL emoticon at the bottom of a forum post means that it's a joke", which I hope to have published soon.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, Persistence Of Time was a freaking great album, Belladona or not, and the stuff before that never hooked me... but then again I owned Armored Saint album before Anthrax ones. :shrug:

Persistence of Time is badass. I love that album. It's like they finally got serious about their music. I always dug the goofy/fun side of Anthrax, but I like heavy metal & art in general when it's done more seriously, and POT was the first serious album from those guys. I dug just about everything they did in the 90s, sans Volume 8.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Persistence of Time is badass. I love that album. It's like they finally got serious about their music. I always dug the goofy/fun side of Anthrax, but I like heavy metal & art in general when it's done more seriously, and POT was the first serious album from those guys. I dug just about everything they did in the 90s, sans Volume 8.

Heh, I even liked 'Volume 8' a good bit. I'm not commenting on the Corey Taylor thing as I'm not the biggest Slapnut/StoneSour fan in the world... by a longshot that can only be measured by carbon dating. :noplease:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick. I agree with the sentiments of your post - language is nothing without dialect, accent and colloquialism - but I am not sure that we are "born with a language".

My post, by the way, was a quote from a book I'm writing called "Putting a LOL emoticon at the bottom of a forum post means that it's a joke", which I hope to have published soon.

Well, I didn't mean from the moment you're born. I meant that through your experiences as a child you have a language. If, for example, British people were all born in English-speaking homes and learned English as their only language, but Americans were all born in Chikiwiti-speaking homes and started learning English at the age of 15, then I could see the "It's our language!!" argument having validity. But, since the huge majority of Americans (Australians, Canadians, New Zealanders, Irish, etc.) have had English as their native language for hundreds of years, it's equally all of our languages...

(I knew you were joking. :lol: And obviously I was joking. Do you think there really was a 1973 book called "Why Britain's Pompous Attitude Regarding The English Language Will Not Be Tolerated Any Longer" by Andrew Wilmheim? :lol: ............................ Well, there is. I can order it for you if you're interested)

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
That's the second time I've heard someone say that a collaboration w/Ian started "as a joke". I dunno... it just seems that the choice is so "trendy". There's a lot of people they could have worked with... like maybe Chris Barnes, for example. Or Mike Patton. Eh, maybe it will be cool, but at the moment I'm honestly a little sickened.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
That's the second time I've heard someone say that a collaboration w/Ian started "as a joke". I dunno... it just seems that the choice is so "trendy". There's a lot of people they could have worked with... like maybe Chris Barnes, for example. Or Mike Patton. Eh, maybe it will be cool, but at the moment I'm honestly a little sickened.

Or Chris Barnes AND Mike Patton. That'd be interesting. :agreed: