Sean Ashe releasing debut album “Flux” January 12th

• Thread starter DoomJazz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve known Sean for quite a few years, and knowing him personally, it makes me appreciate his music that much more because I feel like I understand what he's doing from a personal place. That, combined with him being my buddy, I figured I’d post about his album for him as he isn’t so active here, since I'd do anything to see him succeed. If you don’t recognize the name he’s the ginger who plays Tom Andersons.

He announced the release yesterday and just posted this album trailer today,

Preorders are live at SeanAshe.bandcamp.com

I promise this will be some of the most well written music you'll hear in a good long time. Sean is so detail driven he gives new meaning to "tortured artist" haha.

Thanks, guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cnev

Reaction score
Awesome! I loved his solo and tone on the Owane EP. Thank you for the heads up.

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
Just had someone message me on fb telling me about this.. Thank you so much dude! I hope everyone who sees this thread enjoys the music. :)

Also lol'd he's the ginger who plays the andersons.

Possessed

Reaction score
Just had someone message me on fb telling me about this.. Thank you so much dude! I hope everyone who sees this thread enjoys the music. :)

Also lol'd he's the ginger who plays the andersons.

I like your music, playing and tone. And i always want to know how old you are. From videos you looks very young:)

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Yup, can't wait for this! Sean is a killer player and I watched him evolve over the years from his posts on the Petrucci forum. Got mine physical pre-ordered and looking forward to listening to it.

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
Yup, can't wait for this! Sean is a killer player and I watched him evolve over the years from his posts on the Petrucci forum. Got mine physical pre-ordered and looking forward to listening to it.

Wow thanks dude, the ol' JP forum days were THE best! Really thankful you pre-ordered, can't wait to hear what you (and everyone else) thinks of it :) :shred:

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Wow thanks dude, the ol' JP forum days were THE best! Really thankful you pre-ordered, can't wait to hear what you (and everyone else) thinks of it :) :shred:

Yeah it used to be a great place. Discovered a lot of excellent players there. It was pretty rad that Marco, Andy James, Andy wood, Rick graham, and others posted there. Place is a ghost town now. People just argue about which drummer is better and old DT vs new DT.

awwwright

Reaction score
I concur! :hbang: Sean is a a beast and this album really harnesses what rock and roll was founded on. So refreshing coming from someone his age. I've heard the album all the way through and I cant recommend it enough. Especially if you want a break from all the 0000010100101010101011010110. :wallbash:

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
I have also been graced with the opportunity to listen to his album early, and honestly, my biggest complaint is that it's not long enough :lol:. Every song has a unique identity and has insane replay value. I've even caught myself humming a few of his licks while working.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I remember stumbling onto Luminescence and Hemisphere last year or so on bandcamp and it was simply brilliant. I looked for more music and could not find any. I did end up seeing Sean's performance at some clinic or something like NAMM.

I'm super excited for this and will pick it up without a doubt. The tone, phrasing and compositions are bound to be electrifying ! :hbang:

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
I remember stumbling onto Luminescence and Hemisphere last year or so on bandcamp and it was simply brilliant. I looked for more music and could not find any. I did end up seeing Sean's performance at some clinic or something like NAMM.

I'm super excited for this and will pick it up without a doubt. The tone, phrasing and compositions are bound to be electrifying ! :hbang:

Thank you a ton! I really appreciate not only you picking it up but for the nice words. :D

Rememb

Breaker of Strings
Reaction score
Memory Lane is a killer track!
If the rest is any where close this'll probably be a favourite of the whole year!

SeanSan

Reaction score
One of the songs in the trailer REALLY sounded like Nick Johnston.

Well done! Is Nick an influence to your sound?

Sean Ashe

Reaction score
One of the songs in the trailer REALLY sounded like Nick Johnston.

Well done! Is Nick an influence to your sound?

Thanks! He's not an influence of mine, but undeniably a real good player. Glad you like the music :)