Sell/Find me a a VHT Pittbull UL

• Thread starter 7StringofAblicK
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Yeah I actually am digging the orange channel lately too. I still mainly only use the red but I think I could find some uses for orange. It seems to have a bit more of an open sound than the red. I doubt I'll use orange much, but it is sweet how theres infinite options on that amp, all of which can sound good.

That EQ thing for leads is just genius, I cant believe I didn't think of that, because the one complaint I have sometimes is when I dial in a perfect rhythm sound, sometimes aggressive stuff on the unwound strings can get a little too sharp, this would completely fix that. i'd lower the extreme highs and boost the bass/low-mids). Can't wait to try that next time I go down there.

:metal:
:metal: Yay for new ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, man - this has been brought up (maybe it was a PM?), but it's more than I want to pay and it doesn't even have a footswitch :noplease:

But its green:hbang:

Yea no footswitch is what the deal breaker for me was as well... I am also in the market for an UL but have been considering a Splawn as well.

I'll be on the look out for ya.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks, man - this has been brought up (maybe it was a PM?), but it's more than I want to pay and it doesn't even have a footswitch :noplease:
I got mine without a footswitch, but I was planning on midi switching it anyway. You could always ask VHT how much an additional footswitch would be, but I think the guy is keeping the footswitch as a spare for his "other" UL, which is utterly lame.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
you're all crazy lol.

why wouldnt you use the orange channel, if it's more open and not quite as focused? that's what i love about the crunch channel on the jxs - more open and liquid then the ultra channel, ideal for leads - just a warmer, more open tone.

you kids is crazy: who wants to trade a UL for a JSX? :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
you're all crazy lol.

why wouldnt you use the orange channel, if it's more open and not quite as focused? that's what i love about the crunch channel on the jxs - more open and liquid then the ultra channel, ideal for leads - just a warmer, more open tone.

The red channel is more liquidy than the orange. The red and orange sound almost the same. The differences are subtle. This isn't a JSX :)

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the UL prices right now are slightly up, but I'm sure they will go down.

I recently ran into a CL/Hundred at a price that is TOO hard to pass up. I think i'm going to grab it. If I feel i'm ready to step into a UL I definitely will, but the CL is what got me going on this VHT rampage :lol:. Plus lately I have found that I :wub: EL34s.

I know the UL is a superior amp, but I honestly feel slightly intimidated by it :lol:. I'm going to give the CL a go and see if VHT is 'my' sound (which I think it is due to my exposure over the years). Once I become more acquainted with it, I'll see if I need to step into a 3 channel beast. If it's not my sound, I'll easily be able to sell it for the price I paid and figure something out.

HOpefully this deal goes smoothly; I can't wait to jam the fuck out with a beautiful VHT :hbang:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The red channel is more liquidy than the orange. The red and orange sound almost the same. The differences are subtle. This isn't a JSX :)

i know it's not a jsx, but i figure that the two channels are voiced differently and thus one excels at a certain rhythm or lead tone, whilst the other does the other one better.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I found that the Crunch Channel on the JSX is perfect - they should have just put two of them on there rather than the Ultra.

I found awesome rhythm and lead tones that were far more organic than anything I could coax from the Ultra. The ultra has a nice edge when you back the gain down, but it's a tricky som'bitch

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I found that the Crunch Channel on the JSX is perfect - they should have just put two of them on there rather than the Ultra.

I found awesome rhythm and lead tones that were far more organic than anything I could coax from the Ultra. The ultra has a nice edge when you back the gain down, but it's a tricky som'bitch

agreed on both counts! whenever i dial the ultra channel in, it sounds too similar to my crunch channel for my liking lol (basically the only difference is the voicing of each channel, at that point).

how gnarly is shipping on a UL? if they're $1800.. they're theoretically swingable.. damn it.. lol

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
living in canada really fucks us. boarder fees are so brutal. i had to pay 140 bucks on a 410 dollar item!

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
living in canada really fucks us. boarder fees are so brutal. i had to pay 140 bucks on a 410 dollar item!

Fuck that!!

Re: shipping, a head is about 40-60 bucks depends on where you go and who is selling it. Some charge more, some less; generally it is within the 40-60 ball park. With that said, an $1800 UL is hard to find right now; they are somewhat of a hot commodoty :lol:. Wait a few months and I bet prices will drop again :agreed:

If the CL is great and I feel I want a UL I'm going to snag one (and I assume prices will be lower). I hope I don't have to though - The CL has plenty of awesome options as is.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats Eric, I'm sure you'll love the CL/100 :)

i know it's not a jsx, but i figure that the two channels are voiced differently and thus one excels at a certain rhythm or lead tone, whilst the other does the other one better.

Doesn't work that way, that was my only point. The orange and red both work equally well for lead or rhythm.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I definitely will when it comes in :hbang: The guy is completely retubing it for me (at my request since the tubes are about 3 or more years old), so it should sound pretty amazing. I wish it was the model that has the grill exposed at the top where it says "Pittbull" like on the ULs (because there are a few like that), but it's not :shrug:. Oh well, it still looks badass

I thought it wasn't midi capable? I've asked around and people said they aren't :scratch:

I saw you on the VHT forums; I tried to sign up but the server was acting goofy.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the UL prices right now are slightly up, but I'm sure they will go down.

I recently ran into a CL/Hundred at a price that is TOO hard to pass up. I think i'm going to grab it. If I feel i'm ready to step into a UL I definitely will, but the CL is what got me going on this VHT rampage :lol:. Plus lately I have found that I :wub: EL34s.

I know the UL is a superior amp, but I honestly feel slightly intimidated by it :lol:. I'm going to give the CL a go and see if VHT is 'my' sound (which I think it is due to my exposure over the years). Once I become more acquainted with it, I'll see if I need to step into a 3 channel beast. If it's not my sound, I'll easily be able to sell it for the price I paid and figure something out.

HOpefully this deal goes smoothly; I can't wait to jam the fuck out with a beautiful VHT :hbang:

Is this the one from my friend?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought it wasn't midi capable? I've asked around and people said they aren't :scratch:

I saw you on the VHT forums; I tried to sign up but the server was acting goofy.
You buy an "amp gizmo", or as in my case, a diamond amplification mac2, you use this to take the midi signal in, and then it switches the amp for you! With the amp gizmo you can get a cable, with the mac2 you have to make your own...

So yeah, it iasn't midi capable, but with a midi switcher it is!